Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Due in TWO days and still don't have a name

I posted before about being 38 weeks and not having a name. We don't know the sex, but we finally picked out a boys name {Ezra}. We want something unpopular {Ezra is at #441, with only 86 births here in England}. My due date is the 9th, which is in two days, and we still haven't got a girls name. What if this baby is a girl? We don't have an attachment to any girls names, and my boyfriend and I have very different styles {it took us nearly the whole pregnancy to get to Ezra}. He says he likes "classic" names, but whenever I suggest any {he refuses to make any of his own suggestions}, he says they're too "old fashioned". So I tried out names like Chloe/Mia/Ella, which are all very popular and slightly trendy and modern here, and he liked them. I guess his style is more different from mine than I thought. We've looked through baby name books, but he just doesn't seem to care and rejects literally every name that I like. I wanted to name a daughter after a scientist that I admire {Rosalind Franklin}, but he hates science and the name Rosalind so that wouldn't work, and he hates my previous top girls name {Viola}.

What do we do? It's making me panic that my baby might be born and not have a name for several days - I want to be able to announce it to my parents and his parents, who will be outside my hospital room whilst I give birth. I want to be able to invite them in and say "this is our daughter, we named her _____". They're already confused that my due date is so soon and we still don't have a girls name, I can't imagine how they'd react if we had a girl and she didn't have a name.

I'm starting to be unsure of Ezra, too. The more I hear it, the more I dislike it. It's the only name we agree on so I feel like I have to use it, but I keep hearing it and I'm just getting sick of it. And I'm not sure if I can see myself with an Ezra. I guarantee if I use Ezra, I'll regret it almost straight away.

I just really don't know what to do. I need to find a name that I LOVE, because otherwise I'll just regret it.

I'm not looking for suggestions, more advice, because I find that it's hard to make a connection with a suggested name. I need to hear it somewhere else but I only have two days until my EDD so that might not even happen. I just don't know what to do.
    Last edited by leominor; August 7th, 2013 at 07:24 AM.

Well if you like Ezra why not go with Esther, she was an amazingly strong and beautiful woman.

rollo
    Psalm 23

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Well if you like Ezra why not go with Esther, she was an amazingly strong and beautiful woman.

rollo
    I've never really liked the sound of Esther. And if we have a girl, we'll probably save Ezra for a future son, so I wouldn't want to use something so similar now.

I love Laurel and I think that she would make a perfect sister for Ezra.

rollo
    Psalm 23