Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    haha. Awesome thread! Most of my favorites are inspired by family (Liliana, Catherine, Boaz, Grayson, Violet, Hannah, Eleni, Avery, Jack, Charles, Zane, Cristiano/Ian...) in some way, by literature (Jack, Olivia, Charles, Catherine, Charlotte...), by my faith (Isabelle, Arianne, Olivia/Olive, Liliana, Rachel, Hannah, Caleb, Asher, Boaz), or by what favorite musicians/bands/soloists named their children (Isabelle, Arianne, Emmeline)--I heard the name, and I liked it, or I heard the name, liked the idea of it, but tweaked it a bit--Isabelle for Isabella, Emmeline for Emmerson nn Emmy, etc.

All that leaves out is Eva, Tess, Everett, Bailey, Brody, and Dominic. All of which I just heard somewhere and just really fell for. I think Bailey and Dominic were inspired by actors/characters in movies that I saw, but the others I just fell for over time, the more I heard them.

The majority of my combos/names are inspired by family, faith, and literature, though. I think it makes a pretty cool blend.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Eleni + Grace + Audrey + Eva + Catherine + Tess + Zoe
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Zane + Brody + Declan + Caspar + Grant + Rory + Thomas + Peter

Dominic- the Saint (set the world on fire!)
    Caspian - the sea
    Eulalie - also Saint
    Charles - my granddad : )
    Zoe - my grandma's favorite name
    John - St. John Bosco/my uncle
    Tallulah & Akule & Panama - Indians!
    Raphael Benedict-Peter Lazarus-Jude Sebastian-Eli Balthasar-Samuel Crispin

Lucia Marguerite-Genevieve Ophelia-Charlotte Valentine

Scarlett-Astrid-Larkspur-Afton-Haidée-Becket-Eamon-Percy-Arthur-Scully

Ever- The connotations more than anything.... it also stemmed from my love of the name Eve.
    Reno- Main character Reno Sweeney from the musical 'Anything Goes'.... mainly because Sutton Foster played her recently and I love her!
    Juno- Just because I love it, but I do like that it has mythological ties and I must admit I did enjoy the movie.
    Lola- It just sounds strong and fiery to me. It's also my best friend's favourite name (wonder who will have a baby first! haha).
    Vesper- Love that it means evening (my favourite time of day).

Guthrie- The obvious answer would be that I'm a fan of someone with this surname, such as Woody Guthrie, but I'm not;
    I just like the name for what it is.
    Wilder- I like what it evokes... the idea of the wilderness and untamed open spaces. I also loved reading Laura Ingalls Wilder when I was growing up.
    Shepard- My baby brother's almost-name. My stepmum loved it because of the artist Shepard Fairey.
    Atticus- I just love the sharp rhythm of it as it jumps out of your mouth!
    Leo- It happens to be my star sign, but I wouldn't name my kid after that. Basically I just like it

Mm, interesting thread topic!! I don't think about it a lot, where my favourites have been inspired from. But.... Some, quite a few actually, are from favourite books that have left an impression on me. Some are inspired by family and a few close friends (surnames as firsts or middles/names they have talked about..) Others are word names, inspired by words that have attracted me with their meaning and image. These are the names that I love the best, the ones with meaning and inspiration behind them.
    debating which is better Truth/True/Truly Truth/True/Truly

Lucien - after Lucien Pol, my great-grandfather who emigrated from France to the U.S.
    Anders - Anders Jakobsson, a family patriarch from Denmark.
    Maren - another ode to my ancestry, this one from the Danish matriarchal side.
    Gretchen - Faust.
    Modeste - Modest Mussorgsky.
    Mads - Mads Mikkelsen.
    Brigitte - my favorite professor.