Names Searched Right Now:
Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 LastLast
    I think that is a great solution. If he's not being very helpful, there comes a point where you have to draw the line; and as the mama, you should get the final say! Of course, don't purposefully use a name he hates, but he seems to dislike almost everything. What are your 5 combos going to be?
    Maximus Alexander (April 2012)
    Audrey Juliet Sophia (August 2014)
    Owner of "The Art of Naming!"

I LOVE your suggestion!!! And that would indeed be a fair compromise, in my book - you choose the combos, he gets the final choice! PERFECT!

Edited for privacy.
    Last edited by saracita00; January 16th, 2014 at 04:36 PM.

That's a great idea. Let us know what your combos are. And when she's born, I get the feeling you'll just know what name is right for her. My mom always said that we are born with our own names. Like the parents can try to pick the perfect name, but when the baby comes, you'll just know. My parents spelt my name really weird (Michaila) in hopes that I would have the nickname Haili. I came out and they were like, nope. not a Haili. so it never stuck (but I use it online all the time).

I'm pretty proud that I was able to dig up a few Fia names you hadn't heard yet. I feel pretty accomplished.

out of curiosity, did he ever get back to you on a list of names that he likes?

Have you ever thought of making up your own Fia name? that happened on accident with me- I tried to name a character Cadenza, forgot what I was doing and ended up with Contenza, nn Connie. It's a combo of Contessa and Cadenza...meaning royal and song respectively, so I ended up with Contenza, meaning "royal song"
    Can you do something similar with Fia?
    Fialyn/Fialynn? (reminds me of my sister Kerilyn nn Keri)
    Fialee/Fialeigh/Fiali/Fia-Lee
    Fiadelia
    Fiaka
    Fialet (like Violet)

I dunno...some of these are pretty awful. Actually, I'd stay away from Fia-k anything if you do end up trying this because then you might get too close to the f bomb and that would be awful. But Fialynn is kind of pretty.
    Last edited by haili73; August 19th, 2013 at 06:54 PM.
    Teenage Name Geek & Author
    Novel Faves:
    Beauty is Blind:Aurelia Dawn, Briony Sage & Calista Rose; Damien Lysander
    Twice Upon a Time: Contenza "Connie" & Jensina "Jennie"
    Reality:
    GIRLS: Antonia Jude "Annie" Rosalind Briar "Lindy" Felicity Snow, Tabitha Belle, Briallen
    BOYS: Gabriel Kai, Sebastian Lawrence, Benedict Jotham, Lionel James, Nathaniel
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9792647

Edited for privacy.
    Last edited by saracita00; January 16th, 2014 at 04:36 PM.