Names Searched Right Now:
Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
    I just want to say that I'm really impressed with everyone's name choices in general. This is not yahoo answers, that's for sure.

Edited for privacy.
    Last edited by saracita00; January 16th, 2014 at 05:24 PM.

Expecting #1 June 2015
    My Teddy Bear (aka my puppy): Rufus (4-24-13)
    Maeve-Keira-Gwen-Freya-Anna-Eve-Adeline-Claire-Arianne-Lila-Elsa-Cosima-Elowen-Lena-Anya-Faye-Corinne-Piper-Violet-Cleo-Nina-Zara

Rhys-Cillian-Ronan-Declan-Griffin-Finn-Sean-Owen-Miles-Lorcan-Graham-Kai-Jack-Ian-Cullen-Emmett-Lucas-Cormac-Archer-George-Alexander

GP: Perseus-Hamish-Mason-Shep-Cassian-Asa-Lavender-Elula-Winter-Mireille-Ophelie-Azalea

It sounds like your husband likes very 'standard' names for girls, with a sweet overtone, and you like more evocative names. Interesting that your boy names are all what I consider 'exotic/evocative/unusual', though. Your husband must like that vibe more in a boys' name, which is the opposite of most folks! One thing I found that helped with my husband (for what it's worth) is if I explained, in detail, WHY I liked a particular name. It helped if I liked a name for many different reasons. Some times my husband would shoot down a name, but then if I explained what exactly I liked about it - the nn, the meaning, the ethnic background, some familiar/literary/place we'd been that had a tie-in, or just my vision when I said/pictured the name, etc.. he'd say, "Oh, yes, that IS a good name!" All after he'd initially told me he didn't like it. So maybe come up with your own list of names you like, and then write down, or verbally go over what all you love about them...i.e. the folk-song tie-in, how you can hear him singing it to her, etc...It might help! (and if not, feel free to ignore me!) And last but not least....if you're on number FIVE, then you get final say (at least in my book - hee hee)!

Miriam Lyric
    Lysandra Willow
    Letitia Willow
    Juliet Agnetha (inspiration ABBA)
    Linden Olivia (yes Olivia is too popular for you but it sounds good here)
    Judith Abigail nn Jude
    Aria or Ariana Juliet
    Psalm 23