Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Meh, i feel like an old grouch on this topic, but i see it all over pinterest and it just feels so attention-grabbing and over-the-top to me. Especially the special gender-reveal photoshoots. Really, you're paying a bakery and a photographer and buying all new clothes and having your hair professionally styled in order to find out the sex of your baby?

My sister had a gender reveal get-together a week or two ago, just for immediate family, and made cake pops with little signs saying "did you guess right? Take a bite!" and it was cute and all, but seemed like a hassle. She went to all the trouble to make pink cake pops and cover them in chocolate and blue and pink sprinkles and she was tired and feeling sick and her two girls were driving her crazy, and then she had to try and schedule it at a time when my family (we're in the middle of planning a wedding and three of us are in the middle of home construction/renovation projects) were all available to come over at the same time and she was stressed and we were running late, and I dunno. It was fun, but it just seems like it would've been easier on her to just tell us. But at the same time, it was like there was a big pressure on her to do something cute! and creative! and ~*~Pinterest-worthy~*~ for the occasion.

(Full disclosure, I think Pinterest causes a lot of problems, in that moms suddenly don't feel like they're doing enough, because they don't make 7-tier ombre pastel cakes and hire a professional photographer for their daughter's first birthday party or because they don't craft their son's snack into a picture of his favorite cartoon character before he eats it. Suddenly a regular old birthday party or snack time or whatever isn't enough. Everything has to be *~*Pinterest*~* style.)

I'd personally prefer to not find out the sex until i have the baby, and then invite in the grandparents and introduce them to my kid. And then they can go tell the rest of the family because I don't like being the center of attention and my parents love to brag about their grandbabies, so we both win.
    I hope to be a mom one day. For now I enjoy being a name lover.

My apologies for any typos; i post from my mobile phone.

I'm undecided whether my fiance and I will find out the gender ourselves beforehand if we ever have children. To be honest, even if we knew the gender, I wouldn't have a gender-reveal party. Part of it's cultural (we don't have baby showers here, so gender reveal parties seem equally alien), but also I just don't see the point. If you want to reveal the gender, just tell people. Having a party seems way over the top for what is basically a two second announcement.
    My Top 10 Girls Names: Astrid, Elara, Evelyn, Hannah, Hester, Lorna, Megan, Ophelia, Sylvia, Tabitha
    My Top 10 Boys Names: Alistair, Andrew, Graeme, Hamish, Leopold, Martin, Peter, Rupert, Tobias, William
    Guilty Pleasures: Athena, Aurelius, Damaris, Digory, Hermione, Isis, Phineas, Loki, Myrtle, Nymeria, Nyx, Orion