Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cannebella View Post
    I would never have one. Firstly I don't plan on finding out my babies' gender before they are born and secondly where I live we don't have baby showers or any thing like that so I wouldn't do it. I also don't really agree with baby showers because you are just expecting friends and family to buy your baby things and I don't really get the point in that. If people want to buy my baby a present once it's born that they can, I wouldn't have a party so that they would feel obliged to buy something.
    I see this comment a lot on here. I understand where you're coming from, but where I live, no one throws *herself* a baby shower. I'm hosting a shower for my best friend, and it's because I asked whether I could throw a shower for her. It's not just about the gifts also, but about getting all your friends together before the exhaustion and craziness of a newborn starts up. I like the idea of giving the gifts before the baby is born so the mom has time to get things together before the baby comes (e.g., put clothes the washer before wearing, sort clothes by size, put together any items and make sure they're not broken, etc.) as well as write thank-you cards. Most people don't give a gift after the baby's born if they've already given something at the shower.
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Veronica ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

(Still) trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

I would love to have one!
    But I don't know how to do it... we have so many family and they live 2+ hours away, getting everyone together would be hard.

i wouldn't expect gifts though. Especially if you're having a shower... I'd say it's the parents of the new baby who throw the party, like a BBQ or something.

Since we're getting some showers bc these babies are twins, I'm more settled on having a mini-gender reveal. With our son... surprising him, and videoing the whole thing for everyone else to see. And that's how we reveal to the world - let them watch Weston be surprised at his babies.

5 years ago, with Weston, we sent baby bottles filled with baby trinkets - rattles, booties, blocks, sail boats, tiny things and a rolled up paper inside that said "we're having a boy!" with a Dragon on it. The grandparents loved getting that in the mail!
    Mom to:
    Weston Christopher, July 2008
    Keegan Nathaniel,
    Dec. 12, 2013
    Sebastian Miller,
    Dec. 12, 2013

Current loves:
    ~ Emerson ~ Eden ~ Rosalind ~ Caroline ~ Matilda ~ Gemma ~

~ Landon ~ Kellan ~ Asher ~ Griffin ~ Archer ~ Edison ~ Holden ~ Harrison ~ Elliot ~

I would probably have one, but a surprise gender reveal party. I wouldn't tell anyone I was revealing the gender prior to it. My family likes to get together all the time just to visit and we like to bring food and dessert to eat (if we don't go to a restaurant). I think it would be cool to bring cupcakes for dessert and when they bit into it, they see either blue or pink inside. It would be funny to see if my family caught on that I was revealing the gender. LOL.
    Not expecting, just love collecting names!

My name is Erin. I am 22 years old and I have loved baby names since I was 10.

Girl names: Juliet Elaine, Madeline Hope, Linnea Carys, Stella Rose, Emilia Colette, Clara Noelle, Violet Elizabeth, Lydia Charlotte, Elaine Victoria, Evelyn Ruby

Boy names: Jonathan Rhys, Wesley Quinn, Evan Robert, Joel Dominic, Quinn Patrick, Dawson Cole, Judah Nathaniel, Rhys Jeremiah, Roman Gabriel, Lachlan Jude

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by cannebella View Post
    I would never have one. Firstly I don't plan on finding out my babies' gender before they are born and secondly where I live we don't have baby showers or any thing like that so I wouldn't do it. I also don't really agree with baby showers because you are just expecting friends and family to buy your baby things and I don't really get the point in that. If people want to buy my baby a present once it's born that they can, I wouldn't have a party so that they would feel obliged to buy something.
    how i look at it it's a celebration also. and sometimes people do need help do guys do bridal/wedding showers gifts for bride and groom? just wondering. with my baby shower i wouldn't expect anyone to buy gifts i would just want my friends and family to be around this is a blessing for us i thought i couldn't conceive. so it's joyous gathering plus i don't live close to my family. i understand what you saying but if you need items than it's ok but if you are gift hungry then no.
    Married my best friend 5/11/13, mommy to Murron Lydia Genevieve 10/20

Name crushes:
    Alice Hazel, Helena Faye,Cleora Beatrice,Gloria Charlotte, Sylvia Edith,Lior Inez
    Solomon Jace, Gideon Charles, Henry , Waylon, Arlo, Mordecai

We had one a couple of months ago, when we found out this baby was a boy! Initially, we planned to find out with our friends during the party, but the gender was just TOO obvious on the anatomy scan and we knew right away. So we kept the secret, let everyone make their guesses, and then cut into the cake to reveal a blue center. Our party was pretty casual and I made the cake myself since I knew anyway. We did "pregnancy craving" foods as a theme, which made people laugh. It was a fun way to tell people the gender, and I would definitely do it again. Our friends' kids especially loved the surprise... I think I'll let one of the kids cut the cake next time just because they were sooo excited!