Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    I think it is nice as long as you aren't also having a baby shower. I assume that gifts are not expected for a gender reveal party - which makes it seem like a good option for a second or third child.

I would just have a normal baby shower. From what I've heard, people seem to be having them in addition to baby showers, which makes it seem like they're angling for extra gifts. I would reveal the gender before the shower if I felt like sharing or keep it secret if I didn't. You can still have all those fun games at a normal shower and they are indeed a blast. Reveal the gender at the shower if you like, but setting up an extra party devoted to the gender doesn't seem very classy to me.

I would never have one. Firstly I don't plan on finding out my babies' gender before they are born and secondly where I live we don't have baby showers or any thing like that so I wouldn't do it. I also don't really agree with baby showers because you are just expecting friends and family to buy your baby things and I don't really get the point in that. If people want to buy my baby a present once it's born that they can, I wouldn't have a party so that they would feel obliged to buy something.
    Last edited by cannebella; August 6th, 2013 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gijanie View Post
    I think it is nice as long as you aren't also having a baby shower. I assume that gifts are not expected for a gender reveal party - which makes it seem like a good option for a second or third child.
    I met a family at work (an amusement park) a few months ago that was attending a gender reveal party and they were expected to bring a gift, so they picked a gender-neutral onesie. That's how I found out about this whole phenomenon. The husband said that it was pretty much a reason to ask for an extra gift, which is why I'm so iffy on the whole idea of a gender-reveal party.

I would like to have one when we have our 2nd child. I like planning parties, so it would be fun for me! With our first, we didn't find out the gender. I liked doing it that way, but I think we will find out next time because it might help our daughter understand the pregnancy better, plus it will be cute for her to be able to tell people whether she's having a baby brother or a baby sister. We had a baby shower for our first, so I think of a gender reveal party as a way to have a similar celebration for the second baby without seeming like you're just asking for gifts. I've never heard of people registering for gifts for a gender reveal party. I certainly wouldn't! I imagine some of our friends might bring a small gift for the baby if we have a gender reveal party, like diapers or something, but I don't really see how that's any different than bringing a bottle of wine as a hostess gift to any other grown-up party you might attend.
    Mommy to...Maura Lucille

I had a baby today, I would name him/her...
    Patrick Donley or Brigid "Birdie" ???

BOYS: Seamus Arthur or Niall/Neil/Neal James
    GIRLS: ???