Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What do you think of some new names that I've been considering?

I have a top 5/6, but some of these new names are giving them a run for their money - although I'm not sure if they have staying power.

What do you think of...

Lucy - Too cutesy? I'm not sure if it would age all that well and I'm not a fan of any of the longer names that lend itself to nickname Lucy.

Josephine - I think it's beautiful and love the nickname Josie, but I'm not sure if they feminization of Joseph will eventually make me regret using it.

Mary - Is it too religious? Too popular? Too boring? I am not religious at all and I normally don't like really popular, uber traditional names; however, I find this name beautiful and sweet.

Susanna - I'm not sure if I like this name in itself or I just love the idea of nicknames Zanna or Sookie.

Tessa -I've always thought hissy, 'ss' names were a little unsubstantial but my mom kept mentioning this name when I was pregnant with my daughter and I'm sort of liking it now. I really like the nn Tess, but what kind of girl do you picture with this name? For some reason, I feel like it has a trendy feel to it...?

Ramona - I've always liked this name and grew up adoring the books. I love the nn Mona, but are Mona and Nora just too close? Not to mention - "Moan-ah"..?
    Mama to Nora.

Current favorites:
    Declan (Dex). Griffin (Finn). Ewan. Graham. August (Gus). Colin. Ian. Wesley (Wes). Cyrus. Leland (Lee). Rufus.

Gwyneth (Gwen). Elise. Bronwen (Bonnie). Zoe. Edith (Edie). Piper. Ivy. Josephine (Josie). Margot. Carys. Sylvie. Eve. Iris. Esme. Phoebe (Bee). Kaia.

Lucy is a little cutesy and not my favorite lucy name. However I think it is a nice name. My mom just uses the term Lucy gooesy, so that what I think but I think that saying is kind of old, so I don't believe you need to worry about that.
    Josephine-I like it, I just prefer it as a middle name.
    Mary-I think it is lovely. It is in the top 100, however it is not as popular as it was before. I haven't meet a little girl named Mary.
    Susanna is lovely, I just prefer the Susannah spelling.
    Tessa- I like it, although I like Tess more. It has a more vintage feel to me. I picture a girl with dark hair kind of like Gemma Arteton(sp?) in Tess of the dubervilles
    Ramona is nms probably because of the moan-ah thing. It is still a nice name.
    Raquel-21 year old who loves names, books, and languages

Ladies: Catherine Isabella,Helena Margaret, Clara Josephine, Amelia Juliet, Louisa Genevieve, Eva Rosalind, Rose Fiammetta, Edith Lenore, Charlotte Rosamund, Eleanora Winter
    Gentlemen: Asher Frederick, Nicholas Hugo, Henry Oliver, William Grey, Matthew Isaiah, Thomas Alaric, George Everett

Lucy - it's OK

Josephine - dislike, find ti masculine and ugly

Mary - yes, uber religious. at least to me. That's the name religious parents will chose if they have a child (at least in Croatia, maybe it's different in USA)

Susanna - I like Susanna, and prefer it without a h. Susanna, alternative spelling rules! (at least Susanna)

Tessa - it's OK

Ramona - I once love it and I still find it nice.
    Tristan Gilbert°Robin Amaury°Leon Percival°Edmund Theoderic°Finn Beowulf°Magnus Oberon°Thorin Elliot°Edric Maximilian°Emil Orlando°Roscoe Lucius
    Freya Marigold°Belle Seraphina°Leda Cassiopeia°Briony Rosaline°Charlotte Romilly°Lotus Dorothea°Aurora Nimue°Cecily Eliska°Mabel Celestina°Gaia Melisende
    girl & boy

Love Tessa. I think she could be sweet and sassy, pretty but possibly tom-boy, calm and strong minded. For some reason I picture strawberry blonde hair. Not fond of the other names listed, although Susanna could grow on me
    http://www.onceuponatimebabynames.com/
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9772380 (please vote!)

Due December 13, 2014 (12/13/14) It's a boy!
    Zorina, Faustine, Castalia, Vasilisa, Indrina, Calluna, Anaxandra, Hildana, Selenia, Lisandra, Satyana
    ... Alaric, Silvan, Alistair, Stellan, Rainer, Evander or Evren, Caspian, Soren, Theron, Sander, Sven

Lucy - I think it is cute, but overused.

Josephine - Yuck. Never liked it or Joseph.

Mary - Not too popular in my area. And I love Mary Tess. Just sayin'. Could go by a double name or just Mary or just Tess.

Susanna - No.

Tessa -I like Tess. Love Tess of the ......(insert proper spelling here)

Ramona - Love it, but have Mona. Once people are used to calling Ramona, I think it would be ok.