Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by isolt View Post
    OK, I see why you picked some of these

I feel your pain, I went through this twice and it can be stressful, but once you find that name that works for everybody, it's an awesome feeling!
    It is very stressful, but I think it'll help us to find the perfect name for our child. My thinking with the names above were that many of them are similar to names in English (Adeline, Madalyn, etc.) that I always liked. But that's why I'm asking for opinions!

If you don't mind me asking, do you have any suggestions for non-grandmother's names?

I am not Hispanic and speak very little of the language myself (had 6 years of Spanish 7-12 grades but forget most of it); however, I am a teacher in an inner city school with a mostly Hispanic population so I have to interact with students and parents with limited or no English on a daily basis. I think the names that would work best are:

Sofia
    Priscilla
    Isabel
    Josepha/Josefa
    Estella/Stella
    Fernanda/Fernandina
    Luna
    Mila
    Lourdes

Have you considered Ramona? It is of Spanish origin but very familiar in the English language as well, but not overly used. I personally think it's beautiful.
    Mama to Nora.

Current favorites:
    Declan (Dex). Griffin (Finn). Ewan. Graham. August (Gus). Colin. Ian. Wesley (Wes). Cyrus. Leland (Lee). Rufus.

Gwyneth (Gwen). Elise. Bonnie. Zoe. Edith (Edie). Piper. Ivy. Josephine (Josie). Margot. Carys. Sylvie. Eve. Iris. Esme. Phoebe (Bee). Kaia.

~ "How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers."~ Mother Teresa

I'm glad too see I'm not the only one who thought of picking names that work for both languages. How about.

Violet/ Violeta
    Alice/ Alicia
    Beatrice(x)/ Beatriz
    Lucy/ Lucia
    Aurora
    Tania
    Nadia
    Vanessa
    Lisette
    Karina
    Emilia
    Anastasia
    Tatiana
    Olga
    Alison
    Roberta
    miranda, writer
    history enthusiast/buff and self-proclaimed fangirl

rafael • adrian • emmett • aaron • jared
    raynor • niccolo • richard • philip • frederick • james

ingrid • sybil • evelyn • amalia • cosima
    helena • leonor • blanche • florence • arbella • freja

Sierra (my name!)
    Josephina/Josephine

And on a non-Spanish note:
    Rosemary
    Rosanna
    I'm Sierra.
    I write poetry.
    I have no life--just my imagination.

Winifred, Faye, Adelheid, Agnes, Anne, Eleanor, Hollis, Arthur, Benedict, Finn