Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bibliophile View Post
    Hmm, none of these seem quite right. I want to like Evaline, but even with your description I'm not sure how to pronounce it. Ah-vey-leen? Ay-veh-leen? I'd suggest Eveline, pronounced how it sounds: eeve-leen. Eveline June Riley is gorgeous, and lends itself to nn Eva, or Eve (short/sweet for hubby). Two birds with one stone.
    As for the others, I'd suggest Haven. It has the feel and style of Eden, and sounds like Aven (which I'm not a fan of...sounds like a chopped off version of either Maven or Haven). Haven June is lovely, Haven Noelle and Haven Anneliese are viable options as well.
    Adele is pretty, and on its own is probably one of your best options, but doesn't really work with the middle name options (it's too soft, and gets drowned by the power-packing June, rhymes with Noelle, and is washed out by Anneliese), and I dislike it with your last name. It lacks conviction.
    I'm not a huge fan of Jolie. Makes me think of either actress Angelina, or the proximity to the country song "Jolene". I'd suggest Juliet. It's got nice, short nicknames (Jules, Julie, Lee, Liet, even Jolie, come to think of it) and has some pretty softness of Adele, as well as not being too popular but still familiar, which seems to be a requirement.
    I like Lila quite a bit, but it falls short next to the middle names, plus it's a little rhymey with ln Riley. The close Livia and closer Lilia are both great options (nicknames for Livia include Liv and Livi, for Lilia, Lil, Lili and Lia), work better with middle names particularly June, and don't loll as much with ln Riley.

My favorite combos/names are in bold; Noelle works with most all of my suggestions, though I warn you it does sound very similar to Noah, which you professed a strong aversion to.
    My husband has the strong aversion to sounding too much like NOah, lol. That is why I had to settle for Noelle as a potential middle name. It was absolutely vetoed as a first!

I do like Eveline. Hubs isn't sold on this one either.

I see what you mean about Aven sounding like a chopped, made up name. But, it really is a phonetic spelling of an irish name that means fair radiance. If I spelled it in the true form, no one would ever pronounce it correctly. Same with Aveline- although as this thread shows, it is still a confusing pronunciation. I can see my 90 year old grandfather struggling with that.

hubby won't go for Annaliese as a first. I also like Mae and Vivian, which he doesn't like...

How about Evangeline instead of Eva. And use Eva as a NN.

Evangeline June Riley is really lovely.

Teegan/Teagan sounds good with your last name. I still prefer changing the T to an R and naming her Regan though.

Since he said no to Anneliese as a first name, I'll vote for Eva Anneliese or Eden Anneliese. Teagan would be my third choice.