Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Obits.....

Obits.....

I don't mean this thread to be morbid, but I thought this was interesting.

Today I just happened to check the obituaries for information about a neighbor, and I noticed the people were all over 80 (some as old as 99) and the names seemed to be coming back in style.... Is it like that where you live?

Hazel
    Eleanor
    Georgean
    Emma
    Dorothy
    Frances
    Audrey
    Mamie
    Isabelle
    Sophia
    Genevieve

William
    Jonathan
    Xavier
    Abraham
    Daniel
    George
    Jack
    Louis
    Edmond
    Joseph

Sophia, Isabelle, Emma, and Audrey are definitely modern winners. I think Eleanor is coming back, but I haven't seen it in usage. It should come back though. It's gorgeous!
    Most of the boys are traditional, perennially used. I think Louis is catching on, what with One Direction and the new prince. (and people will actually pronounce it loo-ee) The only boys I see as not back yet are Edmond and Abraham. Hopefully Edmond (or Edmund) will come back soon, though, as I think it's a nice strong name for a boy.
    Proud author of Kissimmee, Orlando, Mary, Adam, Mississippi, Micah, Georgette, Evelyn, Diane, Millicent, Maybeline, Prudence and so many many more

Damn, this list could just as easily be the "births" section of the paper...Great find!
    Simon Valor | Eloise Faye | Judah Sage | Thea Marina | Felix Orion | Iris Cordelia | Roscoe Benjamin | Lydia Wren | Jasper Conroy | Phaedra Naomi | Adrian Bruno | Lucinda 'Indie' Jane | Wallace Finnegan | Sylvie Winifred | Charles 'Charlie' Elliot | Juniper Sophie | Julian 'Jules' Atlas | Matilda Sailor | Marlowe Charles | Alice Elizabeth | Jack Mariner | Marigold 'Maggie' Susan

Just a grad student, dreaming ahead...