Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Harlow Stella Herman?

We love the name Harlow, but Harlow Herman? We can't decide if we love it or hate it. Herman is kind of a tough last name.
    We have two middle names to satisfy both sides of the family.

Harlow Stella Blake Herman or
    Stella Harlow Blake Herman

Thoughts?

I love alliteration, I've said it time and again on this site. I think it makes a person more memorable and there are many, many celebrities with alliterative names. Harlow Herman sounds great to my ears.

Current loves:
    thomasina louise, percival hugh

. ∙ ˙ . ∙ ˙  ✶  . ∙ ˙ . ∙ ˙

♥  ❝Words have meaning and names have power.❞

Harlow Herman sounds like a grouchy old man to me. I would choose something very feminine - like Stella - for her first name and keep the unisex names in the middle. Stella Harlow Blake for me.
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Gideon ◊ James ◊ Quentin ◊ Solomon ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Caroline ◊ Catherine ◊ Gwen ◊ Georgia ◊ Elizabeth ◊ Lydia

I prefer Stella Herman. Herman is such a old-fashion boys name that I think the first name should be more feminine than Harlow. Whether or not alliteration is ok depends entirely on the names. Sorry to say but I find Harlow Herman kind of cartoonish and having said the combo out loud a couple of times it turned into "hallo herman".
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I love alliteration, but not this time. Stella Herman works so much better to my ear.