Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    I don't think they work at all, sorry. I'd go with Ara or Ari. Adair and Arabella don't even have a similar feel to them.
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan

To me it would be like picking any A name that's shorter than Arabella cause the sounds don't logically work for a nickname.

I'd think someone called both Adair and Arabella had two names, like one was the middle name. It's because the main stressed consonants in the two names are different that Adair doesn't work as a nickname for Arabella.
    I like even Allie, Ella, rella (not a name but cute regardless), alla, even Reba could work as the consonants match the original name.

Doesn't work at all. When I say Arabella and Adair only the 'a' (like cat) sound at the front is the same. It's too far removed.

Nicknames that could work:

Abby
    Ari
    Lala*
    Lally

*Knew a girl who actually went by Lala
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

Sorry, I really don't think it works. I knew an Ariana that went by Ari (Air-ee) but I didn't much care for it.

I agree with pp that Abbie, while a stretch, is a happy medium. I know an Annabel whose dad calls her Abs. Also, Elle, Ella, and Ellie work if you don't like Bella. Belle is cute too.