Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Names for Our Bi-Racial (Asian/White) Baby

So, choosing a good name for our mixed race baby hasn't been the easiest, mostly because I'm just not sure what they will look like! My husband is Filipino and Japanese, and I am Scandinavian and Celtic. We both love our cultures and want to bring them into our baby name. We want a unique but not over-the-top name that is classic with a modern twist. Kind of a hard check list! We don't know yet if it is a boy or girl, and will likely wait to be surprised. These are my top choices, and we could use all the advice we can get!

Girls:
    Maleia Pearl (Leila for short?)
    Isla Mei
    Emi Laine

Boys:
    Kaito James
    Silas Kaede
    Aiden Elizan

Isla Mei is pretty. Emi is a little cutesy for my comfort level (do you like Emiko Laine nn Emi?). Maleia Pearl would be my second choice. Kaito James is quite awesome. I love the name Silas. Have you considered Silas Kaito as a combo? I find Aiden Elizan too matchy with the "n" endings. I wouldn't worry about the looks of your child. Children have a strange tendency to grow into their names. Good luck!
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Isla Mei and Kaito James are the two that jumped out to me, too.
    Mommy to...Maura Lucille

I had a baby today, I would name him/her...
    Patrick Donley or Brigid ???

BOYS: Seamus Arthur or Niall/Neil/Neal James
    GIRLS: ???

I like the suggestion of Silas Kaito!! May I also suggest Silas Elizan? Aiden is cute, but getting too overdone where I live. Isla Mei my favorite of your girls, though I think they're all lovely! I think you've got great taste!
    Name nerd and TTC #1 since 2013

《Josephine》《Louisa》《Ayla/Isla》《Amelia》《Amara》《Eliana》 《Samara》《Miriam》《Vienna》《Elena》《 Viera》《Cecilia》
    《Spencer》《Rowan》《Reuben》《Titus》《 Raymond》《Theodore》《Silas》《Jonah》《E zra》《Alasdair》《Waylon》《Simon》

Maybe something like Mariko for a girl? It's Japanese, but definitely has a European flavor to it. Other Japanese girls' names that have that either-way feel (like the names you already listed) are Miya, Akira, Hana, Mika/Miki, Noa, Rin/Rina. For boys names in that category, I'd put Jiro, Ken (and related names), Ryo/Rio.