Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Thoughts on a nickname for Margaret?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Maisie

24 48.98%
  • Greta

25 51.02%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thoughts on a Nickname for Margaret?

We are pretty sold on Margaret as a given name, as it honors my mother and two of our grandmothers, but we aren't hot on it as the name she would go by. I love a lot of the nickname options Margaret offers. Maggie would have been one of my first choices, but my sister-in-law is a Maggie, so that is out, unfortunately. DH and I both like Maisie and Greta and can't decide between the two. They seem to be very different to me, but I can't figure out exactly how... I'd love to hear some thoughts on both of them and see how others perceive each name. It might help us decide!

Thanks!

I love Margaret! I would call her Margaret, but I realize there are so many tempting nicknames with this name. I vastly prefer Greta. I am not a Maisie fan.

These Margaret nicknames have two different vibes for me. Greta is exotic, Continental and sophisticated. Maisie is vintage, sweet and cute. Maisie may be more suitable for a baby or child but I still think I prefer the elegance of Greta (the nn Gretel may be better for a youngster).
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I think Maisie is better for a baby and child, while Greta might be better on a teenager and adult. Either way, she has such wonderful nicknames to choose!
    ~lucy reine~
    ~ celestine eira ~ mary simona ~ elizabeth echo "ellie" ~ eleanor maeve "lena" ~ vivienne isla ~ celia matilda "cici" ~ catherine aiko "rin" ~ elsa verity ~
    ~ jasper red ~ evander lachlan 'evan'~ kai nicholas ~ ezra link ~ avery thomas ~ michael satoshi "mischa" ~ finn jeremias ~ ezekiel hayden ~ alexander rowan "sacha" ~
    guilty pleasures
    ~ tisiphone aria ~ alecto elpis ~ miya lucida ~ addison matteo ~ corinthian tidus ~

I like Meg as a nickname for Margaret.