Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I followed my doctor's advice and took prenatals for over a year while we were trying to conceive. Just the generic kind. When I found out I was expecting twins, the first question I asked was weather or not I needed to change the brand/type/amount of pills. All the OBs have said that the ones I have right now are fine. And since this bottle is huge, I'm not going to have to buy any more for a few months.
    Mom to:
    Weston Christopher, July 2008
    Keegan Nathaniel,
    Dec. 2013
    Sebastian Miller,
    Dec. 2013

Current loves:
    ~ Emerson (Emme) ~ Caroline ~ Matilda (Tillie) ~ Elizabeth (Libby) ~ Rosalind (Lindy) ~

~ Asher ~ Griffin ~ Archer ~ Holden ~ Harrison ~ Elliot ~

I took Target brand prenatals from the time I stopped taking the pill until just a couple months ago when I started weaning my daughter from breastfeeding. I tried pills and gummies, but I think the gummy ones were better because they have DHA in them. The sugary stuff on the outside of them grossed me out in the beginning when I had morning sickness, so I switched to pills them. Target sold a 2-pack of prenatals with a bottle of multi-vitamins and a bottle of DHA supplements and that's what I used. I didn't take anything else, but ask your OB-GYN what you need. My sister was anemic while pregnant and needed an extra iron supplement.
    Mommy to...Maura Lucille and Patrick Donley

If we have another...
    Seamus Arthur or Brigid Ellen

New Chapter Perfect Prenatal vitamins are awesome. They were the only thing that worked for me nausea-wise and I was able to take them on an empty stomach. I didn't do one at each meal post pregnancy, I just started taking all three in the morning. The 3 a day thing is their only flaw imo, it is easy to forget one! I love that they have food ingredients like Kale, and I love that they're organic and don't have binders & additives like most stuff on the market. I had a very queasy pregnancy and these really worked for me and I've continued taking them.

@taz: That brand was actually another one that I was looking at. I liked them for all of the reasons that you said! I don't think the 3 a day thing would bother me too much, but I do have trouble swallowing pills that are too big. Are the New Chapter prenatals pretty big, or are they small?

I took Pregnacare Max during all my pregnancy and with this one. This same brand has vitamins for TTC as well which I took before my first and second pregnancies and I also took the breastfeeding one. I really like this brand as it has worked for me. The website is also really helpful! Essential Vitamins for Conception, Prenatal & Postnatal – Pregnacare� from Vitabiotics.com
    Mummy to three handsome little men.

Caleb James
    Noah Alexander
    Thomas Connor

Expecting our fourth baby at the beginning of October.