Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Anyone have a great playlist for labor?

I'm starting to put mine together (due in 2 weeks!). I have a combo of relaxing songs and push/active songs. Just looking for some more ideas! I'm open to just about any kind of music.
    Mom to Sylvia Caron and Linus Roman

Feel free to throw tomatoes at me, but "Push It" by Salt-N-Pepa started playing in my head as soon as I read the title of this thread.
    Emily, 19, Southeastern US.
    College student, name nerd, and generally geeky.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

Unfortunately, all the tomatoes I have around here are rather green and might hurt if I actually threw them.
    I have come across that suggestion in a few of my searches, but well, I think it might break my concentration and defeat the purpose since I wouldn't be able to keep a straight face (or I'd get really annoyed and start throwing green tomatoes at my husband).
    Mom to Sylvia Caron and Linus Roman

The only one where I really listened to it was with Bronwen...I listened to Neil Youngs Harvest Moon album before going to the hospital and then when in active labor the beginning of the song "Warehouse" on the Tim Reynolds/Dave Matthews live album. Just the haunting beginning part for some reason hit the spot as I was draped over the yoga ball. With my homebirths I had these great master plans for music since I could do whatever I wanted in that department, but when the time came I just didnt want anything....got "Music to be Born By" for my last birth (planned on welcoming Wolfie into the world while it played, I love the Dead and it seemed fitting) but made the mistake of purchasing the album with all these great reviews by my friends only to dislike it during pregnancy so figured I wouldnt like it during labor either, lol. But everyone has their own preferences of course. Just wasnt my thing when I was able to do it because things annoyed me easily when in labor.
    Married to my love since August 2001
    --—————————————
    My lovely bunch of coconuts;
    Sebastian Elihu (7/02)
    Bronwen Eliza (2/04)
    Linus Ezra Graham (9/06)
    Violet Leona (1/09) and
    Wolfgang Levi (3/13)
    Always missing our Felix Emmanuel (10/10-10/10)

I think it depends on your musical tastes. I am not much of an Enya person, but maybe look into that style of music or "world" music? I made a giant playlist but ended up wanting silence & focus.