Names Searched Right Now:
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by charlieandperry1 View Post
    Desmond, Gavin, Graham, Alan, Derek & Ian - these men are in their 50s at least
    This is just one of those across-the-Pond differences. Desmond isn't used very much in my area, but Gavin is very popular among boys---the oldest Gavin I've met was about 13 or 14 and the rest were elementary school age (5-10-ish), though I had a great-uncle whose name was Robert Gavan. I also had a classmate in the second grade named Alan as well as a kindergarten classmate named Derek and two high school friends named Ian---they'd be about 24-25 now, and most American Dereks and Ians would be 15-35-ish. And my teenage sister has a friend named Graham; they met a 30-ish man named Graeme and there was much rejoicing.

It's funny, but I had the exact opposite reaction to yours when I first heard of Sir Derek Jacobi: "You mean there's someone named Derek who's over 35?"

Ditto Hannah (such an ugly sound but so so common, there are so many in my grade and it's my middle name...huh?) and Olive (I mean I love the food, but as a name?) Others not including the names usually universally hated by actual name lovers like Kaylin and Raylee etc:

Penelope
    Ava
    Poppy
    Harper
    Louisa
    Felicity ~ Calista ~ Claudia ~ Beatrice "Betty" ~ Carlotta ~ Millie ~ Cora ~ Audrey ~ Violet

Calvin ~ Jude ~ Miles ~ Oliver ~ Roscoe ~ Benjamin ~ Leo ~ Adrian ~ Isaac ~ Colin

Please rate my namelist! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9831814

Pippa : Just awful . I use it as a sexual term .
    Sloane : dont like the sound
    Harriet : see above
    all the den trend except Aiden .
    Lauren : to me this a name for mean girls . I dont know why .
    Tallulah / Tabitha : they sounds horrible on my ears .
    Harper : the only er name i dislike .
    Mabel : way too old imo .
    Winnie : Winnie the Pooh ??
    Horribly misspled names . I dont mind thought things like Alison .
    Susannah : Its seems to be quite popular here . I dont know why . I have an 70 yrs old gran with that name . Soooo old fashioned .
    Poppy : just bleh to me .
    Last edited by bellerose; August 29th, 2013 at 06:31 PM.

I've seen Linus, Atticus, Guinevere, Cyrus, Tobias, annabelle/Arabella and Susannah a lot lately and I really don't like them.
    Boys
    Spencer|Benjamin|Henry|Declan|Rhys|Grayson|Peter|Q uinn

Girls
    Laura|Charlotte|Caroline|Savannah|Nora|Natalie|Hel ena

Guilty Pleasures
    River|Sawyer|Moss|Barrett|Sky|Archer

Quote Originally Posted by hermione_vader View Post
    It's funny, but I had the exact opposite reaction to yours when I first heard of Sir Derek Jacobi: "You mean there's someone named Derek who's over 35?"
    Lol, my grandfather is called Derek. He's 83.
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan