Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    I don't get the appeal of grandma names...there's a reason they went out of style (e.g., Genevieve, Viola, Henrietta, Gertrude, Josephine [ok, Josie is cute], Mary, Martha, Margeret).

Names I don't get: (Please don't hate me if you love one of these names)

Girls:
    Josephine (SO old ladyish. It does look or sound attractive me at all)
    Beatrice (See Josephine)
    Imogen(e) (Looks like someone misspelled "Imagine")
    Eloise/Eloisa/Louise/Louisa (Again for the old lady factor)
    Agnes (Sounds so harsh and too close to "Agony")
    Tallulah/Daisy/Petal (Great for a pet, but not a kid)
    Delilah (Too country for me)
    Isabella/Annabelle/Arabella (All the belle and bella names sound more like animal names too)
    Clementine (Everybody hates Apple, but not Clementine? What? I'd rather be named Apple)
    Olive (Now we're naming our daughters after vegetables?)
    Frances (May just be because I have a bad name association, but I have never liked this name in general)
    Then, of course, there are the made up names (Kaizlee, Dezlynn, Nanceleigh,etc)

Boys: (most of the these I don't like because they're too old manish)
    Henry
    George
    Oliver
    Atticus (too over the top)
    Vance
    Rupert
    Walter
    Frank
    Jaden/Braden/Caden (Okay, they're kind of cute, but I can't see a lawyer named Jaden or a doctor named Caden. They're too cutesy for adult men)
    Last edited by erin91; August 6th, 2013 at 06:44 PM.
    Not expecting, just love collecting names!

My name is Erin. I am 22 years old and I have loved baby names since I was 10.

Girl names: Juliet Grace, Madeline Hope, Linnea ?, Stella Rose, Emilia Colette, Clara Noelle, Violet Elora, Lydia Charlotte, Elaine Victoria, Evelyn Ruby

Boy names: Jonathan Rhys, Wesley Quinn, Evan Robert, Joel Dominic, Quinn Patrick, Dawson Cole, Judah Nathaniel, Rhys Jeremiah, Roman Gabriel, Lachlan Jude

Kennedy, It means "ugly head" for goodness sake. Why would anyone willingly call their child a name that means ugly? Same with Kamryn/Camryn. Why would you want your child to have a name that means "crooked nose"?

I also don't get the appeal of Penelope. It's a solid name, I guess, way better than Madison/Addison but I just don't like the sound of it and I don't get why its so popular.
    Violet Gray
    Sad name-obsessed teenager and aspiring writer

Current Name Crushes: August, Avery, & Flynn: Eliza, Georgiana & Dahlia

Quote Originally Posted by gummibear View Post
    This might be a double post but I was wondering what names that a lot of people like but you just don't get.
    For me it's Imogen, Sloan/e, and Asher.
    Silas ~ Gideon ~ Lincoln ~ Ezekiel ~ Malachi ~ Samuel ~ Ezra ~ Charlie ~ Gabriel ~ Elliott
    Maisie ~ Sophie ~ Naomi ~ Willa ~ Evangeline ~ Freya ~ Vivienne ~ Nora ~ Josephine ~ Daphne

Funny that most of my favourite names (ones in my signature) are above somewhere.. Oh well. I like them

I have never understood the appeal for Penelope or Calliope. If I met a child with the name I would be excited, but would never name my child that!

I also don't understand any name starting with Grey or just Grey in general.

Of course there is also the obvious, I don't understand misspellings and made-up names. I don't like boys names on girls and I don't like gun or violence names at all.
    20 yr old name nerd, nanny & health and nutrition undergrad

Loving for the ladies: Harriet, Olive, Daphne and Frances
    And for the gentlemen: Peter, Charles and Beau (much harder than girls for me)

In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer -Albert Camus