Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Christiano is certainly swoon worthy. I love it and think you shouldn't hesitate to use it! America is a melting pot, after all. African-Americans don't use JUST African names, Mexican-Americans don't use JUST Mexican names, why should you have to be restricted to names from your own culture?

Current loves:
    thomasina louise, percival hugh

. ∙ ˙ . ∙ ˙  ✶  . ∙ ˙ . ∙ ˙

♥  ❝Words have meaning and names have power.❞

I also think of Cristiano Romano, but it is a nice name. And I have said this here before: not all Latinos have dark eyes and skin. My kids are Latino like their blue-eyed father, and they are fair-skinned with light brown hair like me (not Latina).

Sorry - didn't finish my thought: and my kids have classic Spanish names.

I also think of Cristiano Ronaldo, haha. That's where I first came across it, but that's not why I love it, and why I would use it. I wonder if most Americans would think I would be naming my son after the footballer, too, if I ever used it?

I'm also considering some other international Christian variants, like the Romanian Cristian, or the Scandinavian Kristian, although I'm not sure I like either better than Cristiano...
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Grace + Eleni
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Caspar + Grant + Rory

Quote Originally Posted by ashthedreamer View Post
    I also think of Cristiano Ronaldo, haha. That's where I first came across it, but that's not why I love it, and why I would use it. I wonder if most Americans would think I would be naming my son after the footballer, too, if I ever used it?

I'm also considering some other international Christian variants, like the Romanian Cristian, or the Scandinavian Kristian, although I'm not sure I like either better than Cristiano...
    I think of Cristiano Ronaldo too. I really like Kristian but there is a Scottish Footballer with this name although he goes by Kris.