Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Could Oberon really work?

I'm not expecting, just collecting for my list!

I'm starting to really love the name Oberon. I'd love to use the nickname Bear because of the meaning and the sound. I like the Shakespeare connection and the stately feel of the name. But sometimes I feel like it sounds too "out-there". I know nameberry is a microcosm within the larger world of people naming babies, but I'd still like to know what you all think.

How would Oberon fit in with August, Dorian, and Hugo?
    ~* Not Expecting, Just Collecting *~
    Beatrix | Bryony | Cordelia | Eloise | Felicity | Guinevere | Matilda | Penelope | Tabitha | Winifred
    August | Dorian | Ezra | George | Hugo | Leopold | Lysander | Oberon | Theodore | Truman

When I hear Oberon, I immediately think of the beer made by Bell's Brewery in Michigan. It has a cool sound, but I don't know about it for a first name.

Absolutely! Love Oberon and the nn Bear and Bron. Dorian and Hugo are also favorites and I do believe they mesh well with Oberon

I also like Auberon because it's a bit softer and gives the additional nn option of Aubry

Fox * Shea * Jade * Azure * Eden * Greer * Arden
    Lotus * Tallulah * Noor * Jasper * Blaise * Linden

I really like Oberon. It might be a little strange in the real world, but I think it could work.
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan

While I'm completely willing to name my hypothetical son Dragon, Oberon is a stretch for me -- King of the fairies? I mean, any kid with confidence in himself and the experience to know that he shouldn't give a crap would be like RAHHHHHHH! I AM KING OF THE FAIRIES! BOW BEFORE MY SPARKLE! however, most people I know have a tough time getting to that point.
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.