Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Most ridiculous name you've heard recently.

In our local Sunday paper, this name was at the top of the list. And I'm not making this up. Favour Loe' Charisma. I don't even know how to pronounce the mn.

I recently spotted a birth annoncement in Greece about a girl named Parthena . Most likely it her grandma name but her parents didnt know that this name seriously means virgin ?
    “Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.”~ Edgar Allan Poe .

I was watching one of those wedding dress shows the other day and there was a rather young bride named Duvae. Her mother said that it was because they hoped she would have a comfy personality, and what's comfier than a duvet? Lots of cringe.
    Mommy to Mr. Ivan Eli

Hoping a little too hard for Otis Alfie . Angus Rex . Chester Malcolm . Remy Wolfram . Wren Winter . Fae Sylvana . Thora Violet . Starling Delilah

Virginia also means virgin, but, like Parthena, loads of other/different connotations. Parthena sounds lovely to me...makes me think of the Parthenon, Grecian symmetry and excellence.

Lavina pronounced La-vine-a on a 6 year old
    Yuck! La-veen-a, sure, but La-vine-a kind of rhymes with vagina!