Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: To boyish?

Ryan Sutton is all boy to me. Maybe Sutton Ryanne or Sutton Rayanne if you plan to call her Sutton anyway? Or even Mary Ryan Sutton ____ if you want her to be obviously female on paper? And calling her by her birth certificate name is unimportant anyway? I think boyish names are cute too...on cute girly girls, but they can be very unfortunate on less cute, less girly girls!

It sounds really masculine to me. Maybe to make it more girlish you could switch the names and have Sutton Ryan instead? To me, Sutton is a girl's name, so all I would see is a girl.
    Elowen Yvaine | Liesel Eluned | Odelle Winifred | Djuna Imogen | Hesper Saoirse | Ottavia Primrose
    Iris Honora | Leda Circe | Athena Mireille | Rosamund Morgana | Rhea Io | Emilia Astoria | Juniper Adeline

Alaric Orion | August Benedict | Lincoln Eleazar | Samson Beau | Remus Olivier | Thomas Etienne
    Edmund Abraham | Raphael Sebastian | Nikolai Dieter | Henry Shepherd | Ezra Phineas | Cyrus Leonardo | Maxim Dimitri

Way too masculine for my tastes...I think some of the previous suggestions are wonderful.
    ♂ Ellis Christopher / Asher Estlin / Seth Joshua / Gordon Thomas / Russell Joseph ♂
    ♀ Marilyn Kay / Joanna Kathryn / Tessa Diane / Nola Elaine / Christine Ruby ♀

Quote Originally Posted by gabriela View Post
    I would never name a little girl Ryan Sutton. Everyone would think she's a male until they meet her and I would bet that at least once in her life, she'd wonder if you guys wanted a boy instead of a girl and that's why you gave her such a double-barreled masculine name.
    Is there a reason why your husband is so dead set on using his name? I much prefer Sutton to Ryan and if you love Sutton then you should find a feminine name to work in the middle with it, that way if she doesn't love masculine names like you do then she'll have a choice to not be Ryan.
    Mama to Lilla Clare 12/09 and Vivienne Grace 03/12
    Tess Magnolia - Coming Nov 4th 2015
    Scarlett Faye or Savannah Kate | Everett James or Knox Thomas

I have a friend named Tyler and that's about as boyish as it comes and really, she's doing just fine. Most people, you meet them by introducing yourself, so having a 'boy's name' isn't a big deal. I think Ryan Sutton is nice. I would consider doing Sutton Ryan if that's what you will be calling her anyway, and if you really like that better and you're just catering to your hubby. But I don't think it matters aesthetically. Ryan has a nice sound to it and feels fresh on a girl. I say go for it.