Names Searched Right Now:

Spotting mid-month?

My cycle is fairly regular, but I don't track it. I just get those pms feelings and then I'm like, "Oh, I guess I should be getting my period soon." We have a 2.5 year old and while we're getting "the itch" for another, we want to wait another year to begin trying. However, we've been a little careless lately so I'm getting a little concerned and would like some feedback.

I have no idea when exactly I ovulate, how long, what the mucus looks like, etc. All I know is AROUND that time, I get much more..."excited" to partake in intercourse, if you know what I mean. Because of when I get this "excitement," I suspect I might ovulate a little early OR it happens a few days BEFORE I actually ovulate.

So, my period started around July 17 (Wed). My period usually lasts about 6-7 days. On July 26/27 (Fri pm/Sat am), my husband and I had sex. He did the good ole "pull out" method. We did it again July 30 (Tues). Same method. Two days later on Aug 1 (Thurs), I had some light spotting mixed with mucus. Just like a faint spot or two in my underwear. Maybe when I wiped. That's it. The other night, Aug 2 (Fri), we did it again but used a condom. If I were on a normal, 28-day cycle, I would've ovulated on July 31; however, my...well, I'm just going to say it - "horny" feeling was during the two earlier times when we used to "pull out" method.

Can someone help shed some light and give your best guess on what you think is going on?
    Mom to Nora Cathleen.

Current favorites:
    Declan (Decs/Dex). Miles (Milo). Dean. Euan. Ronan. Dexter (Dex). John (Johnny). Max. Finn. Reid.

Gwyneth (Gwen). Elise. Bronwen (Bonnie). Mary. Piper. Josephine (Josie). Iris. Margot. Sylvie. Edith (Edie).

I would like to note that I recall some months that I think, "Ew, my period came early!" I know your period's arrival is directly affected by when you ovulated which is another reason why I suspect that perhaps I ovulate a little early.
    Mom to Nora Cathleen.

Current favorites:
    Declan (Decs/Dex). Miles (Milo). Dean. Euan. Ronan. Dexter (Dex). John (Johnny). Max. Finn. Reid.

Gwyneth (Gwen). Elise. Bronwen (Bonnie). Mary. Piper. Josephine (Josie). Iris. Margot. Sylvie. Edith (Edie).

I never had to track mucus and do ovulation calculations and any of that so I can't really weigh in exactly - but it sounds to me like you're wondering if you might be pregnant right now..? So why not just buy a test and find out? Take it first thing in the morning after you wake up, see what it says. If it says negative and you continue to still wonder, test again in a few more days. Better than guessing games in my opinion, no? But I'm the type that just wants to know. Good luck with whatever you're hoping for!
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!

It's way too early to test. I'm basically wondering if this mid-month spotting is more likely to be ovulation bleeding or could possibly be implantation bleeding.
    Mom to Nora Cathleen.

Current favorites:

Spotting happens for a lot of different reasons. Even if your not pregnant. Since the pull out method isnt highly reliable in preventing I agree with Dutch you should take a test. If you aren't pregnant and still want to wait to try definitely use other sources of protection all the time. Good luck I hope you get the answer you are looking for.