Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Honest opinion on the name Caitlin?

Title basically says it all just be as honest as you can.
    Also would you ever use it?
    Do you think of it as trendy?
    How many Caitlins' (and other spelling variations) do you know and what ages are they?
    Which is your favourite spelling of Caitlin?

Thanks in advance.
    You don't have to answer all the questions but it would help.

I think it's sweet. I can't use it because my niece is Katie (just Katie, though I did suggest Caitlin!). She's a tween.

I don't think it's trendy at all.if anything it's dated..but I don't mean that's a bad thing. Just the only Caitlin/Kaitlin's I know are my age (late 20s). I haven't heard it used on a baby recently but I love it.I think it's a classic name and super sweet and Caitlin is by far my fav spelling, the Irish way.
    Mom to Mhairi Elizabeth (March 19, 2010) & Fiona Lilidh (Dec 21, 2012) Baby #3 Due March 2014

Also would you ever use it? No. It's not that I don't like it, it just doesn't fit my general style.
    Do you think of it as trendy? No. It was quite popular in the 90s, but now it's definitely going down in popularity. Plus, Caitlin is the traditional spelling so I don't think it would be as trendy as say Katelyn.
    How many Caitlins' (and other spelling variations) do you know and what ages are they? I know few Caitlins, but most of them were born in the 90s with various spellings. I do have a little cousin who's about three years old who spells it Kaitlin, but as I said before, it's going down in popularity.

I think Caitlin is a cute, spunky Irish name with lots of potential. It is a bit tied to the 90s, but honestly don't think it's a huge deal. As long as you don't take too many liberties with the spelling (Caitlyn, Kaitlin, Kaitlyn, and Katelyn are probably the most widely accepted), I think it's fine. Caitlin deserves a comeback.
    Previous account: elrock13

In my high school (which is a Catholic school) I know probably five Caitlins (and spelling variations thereof), and several girls I know have siblings named Caitlin. Around half the people in my school have Irish ancestry so it's a very popular name.
    I like the Caitlin spelling best.