Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

I feel so lost I just want to give up...

** UPDATE ON PAGE THREE **

I've been trying to start this post for almost a week now and I keep giving up because I feel so lost! Our grand plan to avoid having to argue about girls names if we are expecting a boy by having an extra ultrasound didn't work as we had a very uncooperative baby who wouldn't even let us see the legs, let alone what's between them. So we have no choice but to come up with girls names even if it turns out we are having a boy. We currently have no first name options on our girls list. I have gone through my old threads over and over but still can't find anything that I love let alone something my husband will even consider. I like a few names but my husband has vetoed all of them, even if he okayed them at first. I don't love any of the names though, even if I could get my husband to agree to them.

I just want to give up and not think about names anymore, then I feel guilty for that. I put so much time and effort thinking and choosing our daughters' names that it feels like I'm being unfair if I don't do the same for this baby. My husband won't even talk names with me. We have a paper list on the bathroom mirror and he has crossed every girls name off and won't give me a real reason, just that he doesn't like them. I feel like I have read all my name books 100 times and nothing is as appealing as our daughters names were to us. It doesn't help that because of some health issues I have I will be having a c-section at 37-38 weeks, maybe sooner. I will have to be under general anaesthetic and because of that I won't meet our little bundle for at least 4 hours after birth. I don't want to deal with that and having no names chosen.

I don't know if any of this helps but these are names I like but don't love that my husband vetoed.
    Victoria (my current favourite but I don't love it, plus I'm stuck for appealing nicknames)
    Genevieve
    Gwendolyn

Names that were on the list but don't feel right anymore, plus my husband vetoed.
    Madeleine
    Violet
    Catherine
    Penelope
    Susannah
    Lily
    Claire

Middle names (husband agrees to all of these)
    Faith
    Helen
    Patience
    Glenda

Our other daughters are Elizabeth Hope and Annabelle Cadence. If it's a boy we are 99.99% sure he will be Lawrence Gavin - {Lance}

I don't even know what question I'm asking exactly... Has anyone ever felt like this? What would/did you do? Do I just need to persist? . Should I choose some names to take to the hospital and make my husband deal with it? Name suggestions? I don't know...
    Last edited by jazz1509; August 8th, 2013 at 08:13 AM.
    The 3 Princesses in my life...

Elizabeth Hope
    Annabelle Cadence
    Madeleine Pearl

Oh, Jazz. I want to give you lots of hugs, this must be so stressful for you. I think you've got some nice names there, but if they're vetoed by husband that makes it difficult. I think Glenda is a gorgeous name by the way, maybe you could use that as a first? Or Helen, although I prefer Helene or Helena to make it more romantic, like big sisters' names. I will try to make some suggestions.

Christiana (or Christina/Cristina)
    Clementine/Clementina/Clemency
    Constance
    Cordelia
    Eleanor
    Emmeline
    Felicity
    Flora/Florence
    Frederica
    Georgiana
    Isadora
    Josephine
    Lucinda
    Marianne
    Miranda
    Philippa
    Prudence
    Rosalie/Rosalind/Rosamund
    Sylvia
    Theodora
    Vanessa
    Veronica
    Violette
    Virginia
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Faith Caroline Kamiah + Anne
    Mary +♡ Everly +♡ Layla +♡ Nicole +♡
    Emily +♡ Katherine +♡ Holly +♡ Jayde +♡
    Grace +♡ Madison +♡ Lekeisha +♡ Ashlynn +♡
    Sarah +♡ Destiny +♡ Haley +♡ Ann +♡
    Hannah +♡ Natascha +♡ Meredeth +♡ Mia +♡
    Jessica +♡ Amy +♡ Courtney +♡ Amelia +♡
    Emma +♡ Chloe +♡ Alaynna +♡ Annie +♡
    Margaret +♡ Taylor +♡ Nancy +♡ Adene +♡
    Catherine +♡ Trinity +♡ Molly +♡ Brooke +♡
    Isabella +♡ Amanda +♡ Amber +♡ Makayla +♡
    Maryella +♡ Sophia +♡ Stephanie +♡ Christina +♡
    Alyssa +♡ Katie +♡ Michelle +♡ Amora +♡
    Olivia +♡ Phoebe +♡ Gabriella +♡ Erin +♡
    Abigail +♡ Julia +♡ Xandria +♡ Helen +♡
    Alexandrea +♡ Isabelle +♡ Lily +♡ Claire +♡
    Alice +♡ Ella +♡ Harmony +♡ Kate +♡
    Paige +♡ Madeline +♡ Kayla +♡ Kathleen +♡
    Charlotte +♡ Joy +♡ Nerissa +♡ Sabrina +♡
    Samantha +♡ Addison +♡ Hailey +♡ Amana +♡
    Rebecca +♡ Alexandra +♡ Sophie +♡ Francesca +♡
    Charity +♡ Zoe +♡ Susan +♡ Eleanor +♡
    Heather +♡ Jane +♡ Morgan +♡ Christine +♡
    Victoria +♡ Mackenzie +♡ Harper +♡ Savannah +♡
    Rachel +♡ Lauren +♡ Rose +♡ Tula +♡
    Anna +♡ Crystal +♡ Evelyn +♡ Samaria +♡
    Ashley +♡ Maria +♡ Martha +♡ Natalie +♡
    Jennifer +♡ Briyanna +♡ Melissa +♡ Laura +♡
    Lucy +♡ Danielle +♡ Lydia +♡ Kathryn +♡
    Christianna +♡ Megan +♡ Kilee +♡ Matilda +

Found on magic baby names.. as a go by for which names go with what.. xx

hth
    Dani mum to My little dude Bailey & my little minx Liberty
    ↓ Future names ↓
    K.P.T
    Phoenix, Elijah, Zeke, Logan

If I were you, I'd just take a little naming break right now. You still have a few months until your baby arrives, which is plenty of time to choose a name. So take some time off from thinking about it, give both you and your husband some time to relax and when you're ready to think about names again, who knows? The perfect name might just magically come to you.

As for name suggestions, based on the other names you like, I would suggest:

Abigail
    Emily
    Amelia
    Olivia
    Charlotte
    Lucy
    Ella
    Eleanor
    Josephine
    Jacqueline
    Virginia
    Rebecca
    Rose

Oh my first thought was how wonderful Juliet would be with Elizabeth and Annabel! I would just make him aware of the fact that you plan to bring a list to the hospital to choose from and tell him that if he wants to bring a list of girls names he can. I hope everything works out for you!

Sugggestions
    Juliet
    Miriam
    Margaret
    Rosemary
    Vivienne
    Agnes
    Mary
    Alice
    Beatrix
    Gillian
    Isobel
    Martha
    Rachel
    Rebecca
    Rose
    Sarah
    Charlotte
    Margery
    Louise/Louisa
    Meredith
    Sabrina
    Tabitha
    Felicity
    Margot
    Bianca
    Claudia
    Cordelia
    Charlize
    Corinne
    Alessandra
    Adelaide
    Julia
    Lydia
    Caroline
    Audrey
    Cecilia/Celia
    Gabrielle
    Last edited by lavenderbelle; August 4th, 2013 at 10:01 AM.
    My Teddy Bear (aka my puppy): Rufus (4-24-13)
    Maeve-Keira-Gwen-Eve-Adeline-Claire-Arianne-Lila-Elsa-Cosima-Emmeline-Anna-Lena-Cassia-Faye-Liana-Piper-Violet-Nina-Carys

Rhys-Owen-Flynn-Lucas-Lorcan-Caleb-Ronan-Archer-Graham-Alexander-Henry-Jack-Ian-Seth-Miles-Cian-Sawyer-Emmett

GP: Perseus-Hamish-Mason-Shep-Cassian-Asa-Lavender-Elula-Winter-Mireille-Ophelie-Azalea