Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cece as a nickname?

Hi Berries,

I am decided on Cordelia Sage if my bump turns out to be pink. However, I find Cordelia a bit 'grown up' for a baby so will want to give her a cute nickname. I like Cordy, Dilly or Delia but prefer Cece. Does Cece works as a nickname or only if her first and middle name begin with C? I know it's a technicality and can call her whatever I please, but I just like things to be 'proper', it's my OCD.

Other options are
    Cordelia Cherry Sage
    Cordelia Clementine Sage

Any other suggestions for middle names beginning with C? Or should I just stick with Sage?

Thank you xx

I really like Cordelia Sage! I think you should stick with it! I like Delia best as a nickname, it's short and sweet and still is linked to the name. I think a little baby called Delia would be really cute! Cece, it's alright, not really my kind of thing though.

Hope this helps you out!

Im in love with the name Cordelia and i think it sounds really good with Sage so i would go for that. About the nick name i think Cece can work without the middle needing to be a "C" name. I also know a Cordelia who goes by Coco she is 6 now and its really cute on here.
    writing a novel and not having babies anytime soon.

girls: Nina, Sage, Blair, Penelope nn: Poppy/Posey/Lola, Cordelia, Cecily/Cecelia/Celia, Amelia, Hazel, Willow
    boys: Damian, Emmett, Nathan, Chase, Nathaniel, Jesse, Blaise, Dash

I think it works without the double C names. People with the double C name help to solidfy the name, but I do not think that that is how the nickname originated.

Quote Originally Posted by annadeak View Post
    I also know a Cordelia who goes by Coco she is 6 now and its really cute on here.
    Cute!! I love Coco as a nickname for Cordelia.

If you're going to use Sage, I would not add another food-related middle next to it (Cherry or Clementine). But I do love the idea of having first and middle "C" names to get to "Cece." Are you totally married to Sage? I like it, but I like the idea of a "C" middle name better. And not with the addition of a third name/second middle. What about:

Cordelia Celeste
    Cordelia Capri
    Cordelia Cai
    Cordelia Carys/Charis
    Cordelia Celine
    Cordelia Constance
    Last edited by littlemrsb; August 5th, 2013 at 03:33 PM.
    Having fun TTC and dreaming of names.

Mattias Leo, Joakim Rhys, Macsen George, Cassian James
    Leonora Pearl, Arietta June, Felicity Mae, Eleni Rose