Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

3 syllables, end in N

This is a strange way to go about collecting a new list, but my husband loves names that end in an -n sound, and I seem drawn to a three syllable rhythm more than a lot of the two-syllable ones.

What I have so far is listed, more suggestions gratefully received.

Girls
    Imogen - I love this, DH not sold, though he said "it's not the worst name out there or anything"
    Katharine - There's one by a third spelling in the family, but I love Katharine and then Catherine.
    Lillian - Love it. There's a billion and two Lily/Lilly/Lillies around though
    Vivien - I'd probably only get away with this in the middle, but I heart it.
    Rhiannon - can't use this, someone's just ruined it. But I like the concept, if it wouldn't make my husband and MIL explode with rage.
    Ceridwen - A bit much if neither of us is Welsh, isn't it? *shame*

Boys
    Sebastian - not my favourite, but it is my husband's.
    Jonathan - I love this but a lot of people found it plain and not very nice? My husband's okay with it though.
    Finnian - Husband prefers just Finn, I don't.
    Peregrine - Husband thinks I've lost my mind.
    Cillian - Do we like it? Do we hate it? I don't know. I do know I like the rhythm.

What ones do you like? What ones would you suggest? Obviously I don't mind silent e's, I just want an n sound.

I think you can use Ceridwen!!!! It's so gorgeous... Oh, and I like all the names you listed. My favourites are Rhiannon, Ceridwen and Vivien for the girls, and Sebastian, Peregrine and Cillian for the boys, but they're all great!

Apolline
    Eirawen
    Eirian
    Elowen
    Gillian
    Gwendolen
    Gwenllian
    Irmelin
    Lorien
    Lysiane
    Marian
    Marion
    Ottaline
    Tarian

I'll be back with boys.
    Last edited by ottilie; August 4th, 2013 at 06:48 AM. Reason: Forgot something...
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Augustine/Augustin
    Donovan
    Emerson
    Gideon
    Jameson
    Livien
    Sheridan

Alison
    Avalon
    Caroline/Carolyn
    Coraline
    Evelyn
    Jessamine
    Jillian
    Josephine
    Madeline
    Seraphine
    Rosaline/Rosalind
    (ok some of the girls names might be a stretch depending on how you pronounce the -ine)
    Dominic James~ (4)

Gabriel : Jude : Phineas : Sebastian
    Elena : Felicity : Lavender : Julia

I also think Ceridwen would be fine for you to use, I'm Welsh & I would love to see it used!

I also adore Imogen, Lillian and Vivien.

I also like Cillian, Peregrine & Sebastian Idm Jonathon but I do find it a little bland in contrast to some of your other choices.

How about:

Evelyn (Ev-uh-lin)

Augustin/ Augusten
    Adrian
    Bastian
    Benjamin
    Cameron
    Solomon
    Caspian
    Sullivan
    Donovan
    Edison