Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

It's a girl! But I am the pickiest person ever.

I'm pregnant with my second, due at the end of January, and just found out it's a girl! Yay! Except that I totally thought I was having a boy and even had a name picked (Sebastian). I already have a wonderful, perfect little boy named Atticus.

I feel like I've seen every name in the English language and nearly hate them all. If I know someone with that name or have any connection to it, I won't like it. I don't like too mainstream of names, either. I need some creative suggestions and figured this forum was the perfect place to ask!

So far, I kinda like Willa and Winter. Clementine is adorable, but I don't know if I'd use it. A friend's baby is named Miette and I love the simplicity and beauty of it. Haven was a contender for a while, but it feels a little trashy to me now, though I'm not sure why.

I want something feminine but strong, and not weird but definitely uncommon or less common.

Help?

Miele is similar to Miette. Cora also comes to mind. Do you like virtue names? Those seem to fit strong not weird category.

Have you thought of Sebastiana? To me it sounds like "Sebaschiana" if that makes sense. I love Willa and Clementine, and I actually think Clementine sounds great with Atticus. And since your friend already has a baby named Miette, Miele wouldn't be a good way to go. Do you like your girl names to be feminine or do you just like uncommon names in general? Atticus is from To Kill A Mockingbird; do you have a thing for names that have connotations to your favorite books or movies?
    aurora- autumn- ashwyn- bambi- bernadette- calliope- emmalou- henriette- indigo- ione- january- lark- leela- llewellyn- lydia- marnie- molly- narnia- noelle- oralee- penelope- philomena- rain- raven- roxy- ruby- snow- tessa- thora- waverly- willow- winter- wren- zoe | abel- aesop- angus- banjo- bartholomew- bear- bruce- burkley- darwin- elliot- finn- flynn- foster- henry- indigo - knox - laszlo - lyle - navy - nemo - noah - otis - oakley - rainn - thatcher - thomas - thompson - titus - zen

Clementine is a perfect fit with Atticus!

some others you could consider
    Isolde
    Ivy
    Iris
    Edith
    Esther
    Mabel
    Pearl
    Prudence
    Theodora
    Eudora - Casilda - Violetta - Odelia - Leocadia - Odette - Isolde - Valentine - Euphemia - Leopoldine - Isadora
    Eulalia - Aurelia - Hyacintha - Marigold - Ariadne - Sophronia - Crescentia - Thomasina - Apollonia - Romilda
    Amedeo - Casimir - Lancelot - Ignatius - Benedict - Thaddeus - Raphael - Leopold - Nicodemus
    Cassian - Isidore - Wenceslaus - Balthasar - Tiberius - Romulus - Cornelius - Augustine - Carlisle

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea2peanut View Post
    Miele is similar to Miette. Cora also comes to mind. Do you like virtue names? Those seem to fit strong not weird category.
    I think I liked the "-ette" portion of Miette the best, but I can't think of another short similar name. Cora is nice.

Virtue names are ok so far... Verity is cute, but I'm not sure I'd use it. Honor is pretty but again, I wouldn't use it.