Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

How much does it matter?

How much does it matter to you that you children's names flow perfectly? When picking names for our children we never once thought about how it they sounded as siblings. Obviously, when we picked Landon for our son, we didn't think about future siblings. When we picked Addison, I never thought about how it sounded with Landon. I didn't even notice they ended the same for awhile. It just wasn't too important to me, I guess. lol Their names just match their personalities and who they are. We are currently pregnant with our third, and I don't care to make it match our other children's names. I think of them as individuals. They won't be around each other forever. I'm wondering if I'm the only one here who thinks this way... I see so many of you making this seem like it's very important when picking a name for their second, third, and so on.
    Landon Michael James - May '06
    Addison Blake Lynn - November '09
    Baby Q #3 - March '14
    Names I'm Loving Right Now
    Ladies: Charlotte, Nora, Eden, Penelope
    Gents: Finn, Simon, Bennett, Wyatt

As long as the names aren't polar opposites, it's fine. I think most of the names in your signature would be okay.
    Previous account: elrock13

It's important to me but I don't think it's something that if you don't do then it's going to scar your children for life or anything. I also think the big thing is not having polar opposites for names.
    Mother to: Patrick Werner (3/10) and Mary Claire (06/12)

Makes sense. I just never thought it was real important, until I joined nameberry recently and seen so many mention it.
    Landon Michael James - May '06
    Addison Blake Lynn - November '09
    Baby Q #3 - March '14
    Names I'm Loving Right Now
    Ladies: Charlotte, Nora, Eden, Penelope
    Gents: Finn, Simon, Bennett, Wyatt

I wouldn't say it's that important until you get one obvious odd-man-out (Mary, John & Harlow), which I think feels strange as the odd-child. That's really the only actually important part - I just like that my kids are linked a little bit through names.
    Caity
    Mom of Violet Isabelle, George Quincy, & Mae Elizabeth
    In the process of adopting #4 from Haiti.
    Current Favorites:
    . Ruby Madeleine . Felicity Catherine . Beatrice Claire . Robin Marie .
    . Harvey Leopold . Albert Darcy . Ralph Montgomery . Edgar Willoughby .