Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Mac nicknames

The only other not mentioned yet is far-fetched, but how about Monica nicknamed Mac/Mc/Mic? It does have the M and the C and it's quite traditional. Monica is a saint name and makes me think of Friends in a good way.

Other than that there is
    Mackenzie, Michaela, and MacKenna

Good Luck!

Unfortunately the Mac- suffix is so done and dated that even rarer Mac- names sound, well, done and dated. How about Mags or Maggie?

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Mariner | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

Ooh, wait, I have one! What about McKay? I have to admit, I actually rather like it -- though for a boy, not a girl.

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Mariner | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

I do like the previous suggestion of Monica nn Mac. It is warm and spunky!

The only other ideas that I have are Makeda (Behind the Name: Meaning, Origin and History of the Name Makeda ) or Macaria (Behind the Name: Meaning, Origin and History of the Name Macaria )

Good luck!
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico/Dominic, Gianfranco/Gianpaolo, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa
    Katarina/Caterina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosalind/Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Alba, Leokadia, Annunziata, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirella, Arianell

I found the surname Maquelaine in my French-Canadian ancestry...that could work for a female 'Mac'.