Names Searched Right Now:
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
    Oh, Emma, I have missed you so! That Fiammetta remark had me cracking up over here. Well, my list is now back to twenty names, thankyouverymuch! And it's all because of you. (well, the last two which are Hypatia and Fiammetta.Not going to blame you for the other seven, they were someone else's fault.) Gwenllian's back because I was scared someone was going to start a petition, and because I love love love it. I am actually thinking of Orlando... maybe in the middle. It's one of my favourite books. You think my daughter could pull it off? I am starting to come around to Hippolyta. It's got something. And Aella is one I definitely want to use in the middle, it's so cool and beautiful and windy (duh...). And I do like Proserpine. I know I have many -a endings, but they're almost unavoidable! Seriously. So many -a names... Clymene is gorgeous. I don't know why I've never considered this one, I actually don't think it's ever been on my list. Which feels weird... I thought all the names had been on my list at some point . Thanks so much sweets!!!! !
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

And I'm casting my vote with Horatio on your boys' list. Majestic, strong, deep. Endymion (Lu.Ra.) is my favorite of favorites, then Reishi (I guess it's a stretch to nickname Horatio after the reishi mushroom? I love mushrooms.)
    Orpheus, Oberon, and Galileo are fabulous too. More playful I think because they're "one-man names." Remus... I think of Uncle Remus before Romulus & Remus - sketchy racial undertones.
    Sorry to sneak in my opinion post thread-lock. :-)

^^ oh good. I've missed you too. Was starting to feel like Nameberry was displacing other important brain-space, and I've been busy, so I had to step away. Glad to be of help. I totally think your daughter could pull off Orlando. If little miss Roo can pull off Aphrodite, the sky's the limit!

Yay, thanks! Stepping away is probably good. Being a pregnant stay at home mum makes my life dull so... more nameberry for me. And your opinions on my boys is noted. Who's Uncle Remus? I think of Lupin and Romulus only...
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Hello, I am a liar. Excuse me, please. I said I would only rank and go but I am still here. If.Only.It.Was.Easy.Not.To.See.Otter.Comments. It's not. (By the way, are we supposed to call you Cinderella now if we are your helpful birds? That's a cool name just so you know. Joking, yeah)
    So my heart jumps to see Gwenllian is back! Yay yay yay! She may be "not the only one" with Circe because you added her back. Then let's add Gwendolen and Gwyneth to have all Gwens, bingo! (As you see, I am in a huge joking mood. Gonna(maybe) change my username to CrazyV).
    Not to jump around but be helpful: stop here. Twenty is enough for today, just settle with possible nicknames and stuff so far, then some might seem not so suitable or appealing. And imagination, of course. I am sure you know what image will suit your child and what not so much.
    P.S. Orlando is perfection for boys and girls. V. Woolf is cool as well.