Names Searched Right Now:
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Oh I am thinking of the head witch from Macbeth. I was thinking why is Ottilie wanting to name her child after someone that lured someone to murder? Wrong person ooops!
    August John//Skandar Finn/Albert Igor/Samson Hugo/Dorothea Nim/Rani Jemima/Eimear Cosette/Olwen Eliora
    Julia Robin/Margo Milena/Nadia Willow/Primrose Iola/Cosmea Ruth/Emeline Hope/Ottilie Rowena/Miriam Celeste

Since you haven't updated yet, I vote:

Cleopatra
    Guinevere
    Isis
    Nimue

And everything else as middles.
    Gwen
    (film student, name nerd, regular nerd, bad influence)

Current favorites:
    Ismay Cleo Sybella Ailsa Iphigenia
    Prosper Sirius August Malcolm Zephyr

Hi again, dear. I am sitting here absolutely full with anger for the reason: I typed a huge, helpful and exciting comment(), turned my head to the left and when I got back to my tablet, the comment was gone. I don't know what I have pressed but I couldn't get it back again so now I am cross (not at you, of course) and only have time to rank the names before I have to go. Maybe brief words.

Boudicca - new one? Sounds interesting, but a bit clunky next to Aphrodite(if I am pronouncing it right). Right now 7/10.
    Calliope - I have to admit, I got issues with -pee ending in general and -ee ending with sis being Aphrodite. That being said, I don't tend to have stereotypes like "Myrtle rhymes with turtle" or "Penelope has "pen" in it" so I give 9/10.
    Circe - she needs soft, long middle names. For a breathtaking Otter combo(and I know you will nail it) I give 10/10.
    Cleopatra - makes me think of Ostrovskiy, as I said. If don't take my egoistic point of view(cats and awful history teacher), Cleo is smart and cool so 9/10.
    Guinevere - I like little Gwen for you, but Circe beats it. But I really can imagine you having a Guinevere, like brave knights, bright stars, and beautiful long braids. I may change my mind later, but for now 9,5/10.
    Isis - moon and sky! Great, but too short, don't you think so? 7/10
    Isolde - the most moving story. It will always be connected with something sad to me, but she is definitely 100% your style. 8/10 for a cool medieval girl.
    Nimue - 6/10. Somehow nothing to say.
    Olympia - you know my full opinion about her. 9/10 and don't forget special sis connection, Alexander the Great and Angie's beauty
    Proserpina - ditto Pia. 9/10 plus the stunning pic by Dante Gabriel Rosetti.
    Vashti - more than lovely but I can't see her with Dita...What nickname are you planning to use? Or no nicknames? Let's say 7/10 for now.

Wow, no names under 5/10 but you know how much I adore your lists. Still the Circe camp with Gwen, Pia and Pina not far behind. Hugs going your way and I will try to find time for more soon.
    Last edited by mclevine; August 5th, 2013 at 03:39 PM. Reason: I can't dare put "hear" instead of "here" in life:)
    Victoria

Each magician has his own power sign...
    * Hector & Leontine
    ♈ ♉ ♊ ♋ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓ are under transformation into heroes and queens!

I suck at this! I managed to cut it down to eleven, and then a few hours later there's eighteen names on my list. Me oh my, what to do... I'm wondering if I should do a pro and con thing and see if that helps, what do we think? Should I reveal my secret weapon (imagery)? Should I log off?

Whirls; that's okay, especially as I could have that kind of person on my list. Glorifying murderers, not good. Bad otter.

Gwen; please tell me about Aravis and Cassilda, I see them there shining up at me from your signature and I'm intrigued. Aravis is from Narnia? Tell me more tell me more...

Twinklemama; Thank you!!!! Lovely amazing commenting. And ranking, wohoo. You're helpful as one of those little Cinderella birds. I am going to sell you on Nimue, just you wait and see...
    Last edited by ottilie; August 5th, 2013 at 03:43 PM.
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014

Why hello Otterling old pal. I couldn't resist popping by. Morgana is heavenly with Aphrodite! I think of mahogany, or chestnut, lustrous dark wood... Old boats with beautiful lines and sails full of wind, prows carved with ferocious figureheads. Morgana is begging for Belphoebe in the middle. Morgana Belphoebe + third name. Maybe something starry/crisp/wintry there. Sisters:

Perfection:
    Zenobia
    Fiammetta (pretty please?)
    Bradamante
    Cleopatra
    Hypatia

Too lovely to let go:
    Sibylla
    Circe
    Niniane & Nefertiti could have been an amazing triplet-set with Aphrodite!!
    Artemis & Olympia - too heroically Greek next to Aphro-D? But marvelous.

Not as much:
    Hecate is fab, but more of a middle, imo. Isolde & Guinevere with their long crimped tresses, riding sidesaddle through the forest.. Dripping beauty, but what more is there to these ultra romantic damsels?... I miss Gwenllian too Dantea!!! Aradia sounds like “eradicate”, Bellicent like “bellicose”, Calliope: “colonoscopy, cantaloupe, catastrophe, kaleidoscopic-psychiatry..” Ok I know it doesn’t really sound like any of these words but it’s definitely got some clunk in its trunk. Delilah - I like the femme fatale aspect, but she’s so heavily Biblical to my ears. I prefer Tabitha if you’re going to go old Biblical. Electra - I’m mixed on this. I love her lightening-flashiness, but she does come with some baggage. I think of the “Electra complex”, then of that line of Bob Dylan’s: “The ghost of electricity howls in the bones of her face..” Isis is icy, sort of one-note imo. Nausicaa - nausea, the brand Nautica. Silmarien - I prefer Tinuviel of your LOTR names. Silmarien is slinky, almost too slinky, salamanderesque. And besides, it’s very close to Marian.

Vashti.. I like it in theory - a Hebrew name that sounds like a Hindu goddess. Good namesake.. but not my favorite soundwise. “Vashti dishes!”
    Zorya - Love the imagery behind the name - the starry gatekeepers for the sun’s chariot- but somehow it feels heavy/masculine to me... maybe because of Zorba?

Some more Amazonian names for you:
    Penthesilea - There’s a beautiful book of Heinrich von Kleist’s play, illustrated by Maurice Sendak, about Penthesilea. Cool name.
    Hippolyta - I think Midsummer Night’s Dream. Hippolyta also reminds me of the Queen of the Night aria for some reason.
    Aella - Her name means “whirlwind.”
    Melousa - I don’t know much about this Amazon, but a lovely name, no? A notch up from Melissa, and not far from Melusine.
    Clymene - I just like the name. And there’s Homer’s “ox-eyed Clymene.” Don’t you love that?

Also: Orlando - Have you considered this one for a girl, a la Virginia Woolf? I think that would be sexy as hell.

Oh rats! I just saw your latest post. Only Cleo survived of my favorites eh?
    Boudicca is bodacious. Nimue is misty and delicate, and I like that it sounds like an African name. Vashti and Nimue would be an interesting pair of sisters - kind of pan-ethnic. I do think Niniane is more... complete. Proserpina - I see beautiful Jane Morris eating that pomegranite. Do you like Proserpine? You have so many -a ending names, that it might be useful on your middles list. Again: Fiammetta? If I metta Fiammetta I would getta thrill! My ears would fly back like an Irish setta in a Volkswagen Jetta (or betta) if I met a Fiammetta.
    Last edited by emmabobemma; August 5th, 2013 at 03:43 PM.