Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Here are the ones that I felt kind of went along with Aphrodite.

Aradia
    Cleopatra
    Electra
    Guinevere
    Isolde
    Zenobia

Artemis, Olympia, and Sybilla are honorable mentions.
    just a confused teenberry.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    algernon | alistair | corbin | leo | malcolm | pierce | raphael
    anastasia | beatrix | cordelia | felicity | georgia | helena | ramona

Top 5 with Aphrodite as a sister:
    Morgana
    Cleopatra
    Guinevere/Ginevra (Can't pick! I have so much love for the name Ginevra, but I feel like Guinevere *might* be better in the sibset. Both are beauteous though!)
    Isolde (my one caveat - how are you pronouncing this? I know that the pronunciation is disputed; I myself like ih-sohl-duh and ee-SOLD, but I worry about people pronouncing it is-old as I'm not such a fan of this. I do think it's a beautiful name though, when pronounced right!)
    Olympia

Also like: Delilah, Electra/Elettra, Isis, Zenobia

Indifferent about: Niniane, Sybilla, Hecate, Zorya, Circe (I know you love this one, it's just not a favorite for me)

Now, I ADORE the name Calliope, but I'm somewhat concerned about the repetition of the ee sound at the end of her sister's name. But this is also very close to the top 5 for me!

Veto points to:
    Bellicent (all I can think of is Millicent, simply due to the relative similarity on paper, and I have bad memories of this name)
    Bradamante (sounds masculine to me, though I know it's traditionally feminine)
    Hypatia
    Nausicaa (reminds me of nausea and the two a's looks unnatural to me)
    Nefertiti
    Silmarien (just sounds awkward to me, though the LOTR reference is nice)
    Vashti
    Last edited by tigerlily7; August 4th, 2013 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Forgot about Circe!
    Lily

TeenBerry

Interest in family history, classic literature and mythology led to a love for names!

FAVORITES OF THE MOMENT:

Gentlemen: Jude, Oliver, Felix, Jasper

Ladies: Aurelia, Evangeline, Genevieve, Aurore, Beatrix, Adele

I like Morgana. From your list, I like Guinevere, Isolde, Zenobia, Isis, and Delilah. For mn, I like Olympia and Elettra. A name that came to mind was Eirene.
    Raquel-21 year old who loves names, books, and languages

Ladies: Catherine Isabella,Helena Margaret, Clara Josephine, Amelia Juliet, Louisa Genevieve, Eva Rosalind, Rose Fiammetta, Edith Lenore, Charlotte Rosamund, Eleanora Winter
    Gentlemen: Asher Frederick, Nicholas Hugo, Henry Oliver, William Grey, Matthew Isaiah, Thomas Alaric, George Everett

@bibliophile -- In Greek, Hecate is pronounce heh-KAY-tee

Morgana and Aphrodite are perfect. ^_^

But if I'm forced to find 4 others :P
    Ps -- I thought you didn't want another A name with Aphrodite?

Calliope -- Adore her with Aphrodite. I already described her in the other thread.
    Cleopatra -- Sounds great with Aphrodite. Since she's so associated with Cleo, I can't help but see deserts, a woman walking the Nile, singing to herself
    Isis -- I suggested her as a first name in the other thread so you know I like it. She sounds strong when you say it. Isis makes me think of fall for now good reason. She's on a boat, sketching the Autumn trees, barefoot.
    Sybilla -- It doesn't sound as good with Aphrodite, but the feeling works. She's the girl twirling around in the field with the stream to me. picking dandelions and making wishes to me.
    Zenobia -- I think they go fairly well together. Zenobia (Zenny) would be the little girl running from the seam foam and the tide and the woman in the sundress who paints the sea sunset.

As for the others, several of them sound good with Aphrodite, I just dislike the images and feeling that each gives me. They strike bad cords in my head with Aphrodite, or the feelings are just too different. I'd love to see several of them as middles. (Artemis, Bellicent, Circe, Hecate, Hypatia (this was a close one for first name spot), Isolde, Nausicaa, Niniane, Silmarien)

Nefertiti and Guinevere are the ones I don't think go with Aphrodite at all. Nefertiti just doesn't have the right image in my head and they sound so similar to each other. Guinevere, even though it was on my list, doesn't seem like the sort of strong independent woman that you're asking for. She isn't really brave, interesting, funny, clever or magical (unless you're counting her there because she's part of King Arthur) and besides that, she just doesn't do good with Morgana.

You may like:

Indira -- as in Gandhi
    Kateri -- Kateri Tekakwitha rebelliously began studying Christianity at age 19; she canoed hundreds of miles at night from her Mohawk village to reach a Christian one.

Amoretta
    Gloriana
    Tanaquill

Leontine
    Odette -- The Swan Princess ^_^
    Katla
    Cassandra
    Demetria
    Boudica -- a queen of the Brythonic Celtic Iceni people of Norfolk in Eastern Britain who led a major uprising of the tribes against the occupying forces of the Roman Empire. -- I miss Gwenllian
    Ishtar
    Inanna
    Andromeda
    Ariadne -- air-ee-ad-nee
    Phaedra
    Last edited by dantea; August 3rd, 2013 at 05:25 PM.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

Eudora - Casilda - Violetta - Odelia - Leocadia - Odette - Isolde - Valentine - Leopoldine - Isadora
    Eulalia - Aurelia - Marigold - Ariadne - Viola - Cosima - Philomena
    Averil - Caius - Casimir - Basil - Ignatius - Benedict - Thaddeus - Raphael - Leopold - Clement
    Cassian - Isidore - Wenceslaus - Balthasar - Arlo - Gilbert - Cornelius - Augustine - Carlisle