Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I don't mind it as a middle name. I like word names though.

Jane Magenta sounds reasonable. A wacky first name would probably be too much with it though. And don't alliterate it, Molly is a name I love but Molly Magenta sounds like a picture book character.

@tori101 I really do appreciate the honest feedback. This is really the type of response I was expecting, though I expected it in a far more aggressive manner for even contemplating naming my child after a crayon color.
    I only asked the question as I figured if nameberry had it as a name then it must be a viable option? 2 former fashion editors wouldn't post a name they didn't have any faith in. I really justify it by saying Latrina was in the top 1000 names for 5 years in the 70s. If people could name their child after a toilet back then, what is a color now? I actually like the name Noelani. I figure its a combination of Noelle and Annie. Noelani Magenta? If I were to use Noelani in all seriousness I'll probably just call her Nola. I'm really not thinking of first name middle name combo as my child will NEVER be referred to be her middle name.
    My mom will not take kindly to me telling her I'm naming her granddaughter (even as a middle name) Magenta. She hates the name Paisley because of the association to the fabric, she will probably hijack the birth certificate or have me undergo drug testing. I'm not on drugs but my mom is very strict and thinks anyone that frays from tradition is mentally unstable. Which explains my more free-spirited thinking as I never learned an appropriate middle ground.

Btw there are names worse than North West
    Pilot Inspektor via Jason Lee (My Name is Earl)
    Moxie Crimefighter via Penn Jillette (Penn and Teller)
    Last edited by giinkies; August 4th, 2013 at 07:41 AM.

@stripedsocks thanks for the advice. I had no intention of naming her Molly Magenta. Megan was the name I was planning to use for my first daughters middle name, Molly was the middle name I was using if I had a second daughter. If I really do middle name my daughter Magenta I will be coming back to this community for advice.

To anyone who dislikes the name but doesn't want to comment as they don't want to hurt my feelings trust me it won't. I posted it here as I wanted an honest range of answers.
    I'm really honest in my criticisms as I believe that any opinion I get here, will be an opinion I'll eventually get in the real world. I think criticism is healthy as it will truly help me to see how much I like a name or show me how ridiculous it is. Everyone has their different styles and I can respect that.

Love it! And, with all your traditions and history, it sounds perfect for you.
    ~ "The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names" ~

today's favorites: Marina, Arden and Arthur, Inigo.