Names Searched Right Now:
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    I don't see the appeal of Beatrice and Agnes I love Eulalia and Wilhelmina though.

I love the names Cooper and Jai pronounced either way. I also love Holly and Summer. Sadly Holly is out for me (its my cousins daughters name) but I still love summer. I did go through a stage where I decided I hated all of the names I had loved and started again which gave me my signature.
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Ruby★Charlotte☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Deacon☆Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆

Quote Originally Posted by mplsdesigner View Post
    I'm not offended just trying to clarify that grouping the top 20 as "names I can't stand" just because they are in the top 20 is uncreative and lazy in itself.

I don't think most parents intend on being "lazy" with their naming, they just are not as willing to take risks as others and possibly come from less enlightened worlds than many folks on nameberry appear to. So, I think it's unfair to judge. Yes, I also feel that the names you mention above are very unappealing because of their popularity but also because they don't have much substantiality to them. That said, labeling their parents "lazy" because they chose a popular name is really not fair. I'm sure most of the moms of "Jaydens" out there got just as excited and thought about what their child would be like and about naming their child as anyone has, but perhaps comes from a much different background with less exposure to unique names.
    Thank you again, I totally agree
    Raquel-21 year old who loves names, books, and languages

Ladies: Catherine Isabella,Helena Margaret, Clara Josephine, Amelia Juliet, Louisa Genevieve, Eva Rosalind, Rose Fiammetta, Edith Lenore, Charlotte Rosamund, Eleanora Winter
    Gentlemen: Asher Frederick, Nicholas Hugo, Henry Oliver, William Grey, Matthew Isaiah, Thomas Alaric, George Everett

Imogen, Pearl, Rowen and Harriet is it for me. They just don't appeal to me at all, although I do like Rowena, which is weird. And I love the name Pepper and Gillian (pronounced with a hard G) but no else really does.
    Ingrid Genevieve | Evanna Yvaine | Winifred Delphine | Saoirse Elaine
    Astra Gillian | Rose Morgana | Irene Lourdes | Danae Andromeda

Damian Orion | Simon Cornelius | Gareth Evan | William Thierry
    Edmund Abraham | Wendell Eleazar | Shepherd Phoenix

I actually have a bane of my existence list, some that fall in this category on this thread include:
    For girls: Beatrice, Beatrix, Caroline (bad experiences with girls with this name), Imogen, Astrid, Ingrid, Bridget, Ivy, Harper, & Holly. Oh, and Pearl. The first few I hate worse than the later ones.
    For boys: Phillip
    Last edited by hardertobreathe; August 3rd, 2013 at 10:52 PM.
    Just another teenberry and writer, a lover of names
    Current Favorites:
    | Zoe | Selene | Thalia | Persephone | Ariadne | Lilia | Natalia | Nicoletta | Jane | Alice |

| Dimitri | Augustus | Jude | Nico | Tobias | Samuel | Orion | Leo | James | Jason |

Pondering:
    | Artemis | Cassandra | Cleo | Elizabeth | Miriam | Susannah | Sylvia | Thaddeus |

GP:
    | Thisbe | Cassiopeia | Briseis | Mercy | Lachlan | Emerson | Callum | Owen |

Have a fabulous day!

On Nameberry, a lot of people seem to love Eleanor, Pearl, Violet, Cordelia, Cornelia and Persephone. I understand that there's nothing wrong with those names but I find them rather cringe-worthy.