Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    I don't like Harper, Piper, Sawyer and other tomboyish names for girls. Also, I hate Imogen, Willow, Acacia, Gretchen, Addison (but I like Allison), Dora, Trinity, Alisha and Adelaide.
    No offense for anyone who likes those names, it's just my opinion!
    Emma | Callie| Margot | Lucie | Elodie | Juliette |
    Julian | James | Oliver | Alexander | Edward | Owen | Everett |
    Valeria - Russian name lover and author.
    Potterhead until the very end.

I think a lot of people dislike the Saywer/Harper/Sloane type surnames-on-girls, so I'm not going to bother listing those. I can't stand Iris, Hattie/Harriet, Ruby, Poppy, or Wendy. Ugh.

And I'm totally in love with Pandora, which everyone seems to hate for the stupidest reasons.
    Gwen
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Odette Cosima Fionnuala Iphigenia Coraline
    Emmett Kieran August Malcolm Zephyr

I have a hard time seeing the appeal in Ava, Isabelle/ Isabella, Abigail, Olivia, Sophia, Claire, and Emma.
    Mommy to Carter James born 09.03.2013

-------Favorites------------------

Girls : Elsbeth Noelle, Carys Juliet, Melody Violet, Valentina Camille, Lila Gabrielle
    Boys: Ethan Paul, Landon Cole, Carter James, Jude Issac, Noah Vincent

Clementine and Persephone. I can't get behind those AT ALL. Idk why.

This has just been my personal experience irl, not on here. But NO ONE likes Anastasia, pronounced ah-nuh-stah-c-ya and it makes me sad

I can't staaaand the name Mia, and everyone around me irl loves it! It has no substance to me and it's way too cutesy and valley girl. I just hate it. Also Faith, and Grace, and Hope, and Charity, and Verity, and any of these virtue-word names that have just been done to death. They're just sickly sweet and, again, have no substance.

I also can't get behind Beatrice, as so many love it on this site. I tried to like it, I really did, but I just can't! It seeeeems like something I'd love, with all of its history and literary roots, but it just doesn't have a pleasing sound to me. And although I love Cordelia, I really don't like Cornelia. The "corn" beginning throws me.

I also can't really see the appeal in the popular names Isabella (it's the Isa- beginning, because Bella really is adorable, without the Twilight connection), Madison, Pippa, Emma, Claire, or any of the Est- names, like Estella.

Edit: Ooh I forgot Emily! Yep, I don't understand that one at all, and it feels like it's the most popular name in the universe. It's so plain and uninteresting to me.
    Last edited by alphabetdem; August 3rd, 2013 at 04:38 PM.
    - current loves -
    Genevieve - Aurelia - Penelope - Clementine - Matilda - Wilhelmina - Josephine - Cordelia
    Max - Frederick - Elliot - Gus - Atticus - Felix - Theodore - Beckett - Calvin