Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ways to get to Kate....

I love the name Kate, but my predicament is that my lifelong best friends name is Katie. We came to a falling out about four years ago and I don't see her anymore but it would be so weird to name my daughter Katherine or just Kate in light of that, even though I never see her. Is there any way to get to the nickname Kate other than the obvious. I love the name Katherine and just Kate but am not sure if I should even go there Which is too bad because it's a beautiful and classic name.

Sounds like it might be best not to go there from what you're saying : / ?

If you're wanting to keep trying for Kate, maybe try....

Acacia (gets you to the K sound, T middle name?)
    Cadence (get to Cade, and sort of to Kate, maybe especially with a T middle name)
    Caitlin and spell it Cait/Cate for more distance?
    Katelyn
    Kateri (a saint's name, I think the pronunciation situation is similar to Katerina, below)
    Katerina (pronounced like Kat, but Kate is right there in the spelling), or Ekaterina for something bolder.
    Leocadia (You can get Cade...and from there to Cate kind of sort of)

If you like the feel of Kate but want to get further away from it and Katherine, Jane is a reasonable choice to consider.

I love Acacia I never ever would have thought of that! And it works because I am looking for a name where Kate is a feasible nn without being obvious. So it doesn't look like I named my daughter after this person. Thanks so much it's a good start!

Although, all in all it's probably best to love another name

If you can find another one (and we're really talking more about another nickname than full name) then good, but if you can't then not to worry.

Glad you like Acacia! Besides Kate (maybe, with a T middle), There's Casey, Kay, Ace, and Sia (Cia) if you like any of those.

Arcadia would be a nice choice, it's one of my personal favorites!
    ~ Larissa

Amaryllis Joy
    Savannah Mayfair ~ Bellamy June
    Isla Reverie ~ Holiday Elise ~ Cordelia Maple
    Sage Aurora ~ Madeline Story ~ Laszlo Oliver ~ Darwin Blake
    Gideon Levi ~ Fisher Gray ~ Jasper Elias
    Simon Apollo ~ Orlando Archer
    Phineas Jack

Crushing hard... Saylor Adeline ... Siri Genevieve ... Penrose Elizabeth