Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lee Crosslee, when nn clashes with last name

Hi Berries i have a slight name dilemma and want to know if i should scrap this name or keep it.

The problem being is i love the name Leander nn Lee however our last name is pronounced Crosslee (spelt differently)

Would he ever be called nn and last name together?? I know for my nn i never get it with my last name but i sometimes write it together..

Alternatively i could drop the nn Lee and go for Leo or ander... i suppose im just really trying to make this name work !! Does it matter if a nn clashes with a last name??

So is the consensus Lee Crosslee too much???

thanks

baby bear Freya Ivy

Considering
    Eliza, Ziva, Willow, Eve, Inara, Dawn, Iris.
    Logan, Liam, Theo, Sebastian, Rowan, John, Caleb, Roman.

I think Lee Crosslee is bearable, particularly since he has the longer form Leander to fall back on. If it's any comfort, I know a Leeann Lee and a Harley Lee (ugh) who've gotten through life with no permanent emotional scars.

I love Leander - are you opposed to nm Leo? I prefer it to Lee as a nm and it sounds better with your last name!
    The short list
    (my list criteria: classic, simple, elegant, must have family and/or cultural significance)

Boys list: Simon, Max, Benjamin, Joseph, Jonah*
    Girls list: Jane, Miriam, Ruth, Ann*

Lee Crosslee is too much. For me, Leander Crosslee and Leo Crosslee are also too much... I don't like repeating sounds... But it just depends on you.
    Emiliana Pari 郑煜曈 '14

XX: Artemisia Baran, Ilaria Katayoun, Acadia Laleh, Rosalind Soraya, Camellia Sitareh, Aida Tahmineh

XY: Raphael Artin, Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Aryo Matthias, Lorenzo Kaveh

i personally would never call a Leander, Lee.

is your name really a LEE sound or is it LEY? to be there is a subtle difference because LEE would have a lot of emphasis on the last syllable.

can also try LYSANDER