Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Triplet Birth Announcements?

Just earlier today I was scrolling about through the Birth Announcements forum and I noticed there were 3 (yes, THREE) posts about the arrival of triplets all on the first page! I'm quite suspicious as triplets are not very common at all. I looked at all of the three posts and there were no facts like birth weight or anything that could be used to prove the users were trolls (if they were) and it was just their names they announced. I hope they were not trolls infesting this beautiful site... but I am pretty sure that's what happened.

How do the other Berries feel about abundant multiples on the birth announcements page?
    ~Tali~

Girls: Ivy, Caroline, Bryony, Augusta, Idony, Adeline, Elizabeth, Sage, Delphine

Boys: Adrian, Halcyon, Everett, Nathaniel, Elliott, Brighton, Theodore, Levi, Camden

At least one of the triplet threads was really old-- I think someone must have scrolled through several pages of the birth announcements forum and only commented on the triplet ones, so they all appeared on page 1.
    Gwen
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Belphoebe Cosima Sybella Ailsa Celia
    Prosper Finn August Malcolm Zephyr

I would be one of those three. My post is 15 months old or so. My mums friend Sandra, did have triplets after years of trying for children. I have been a member on Nameberry for quite a while. I feel I have contributed to lots of discussions. Not once have I been called a "troll", I find this very hurtful. About the whole weight, I wasn't so sure about what baby weighed what, I didnt want to trouble her and ask her as she was in and out of hospital visiting them.

@ geeknamezyo that's what I think.
    Last edited by misschelseabeth; August 3rd, 2013 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake.
    Heidi Amelia| Joel Dashiel| Lydia Briar| Elijah Peter| Lucy Colette| Carson Dale| Melissa Jasmine| Thomas Flynn| Zoe Belle| Jamie Christopher| Lilo Claire.

I agree with geeknamezyo. All three of those posts were old. One was from 2011 and two were from 2012. While there certainly *are* trolls who post, in this situation, it seems to have been a case where someone commented on a bunch of triplet posts.
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

Quote Originally Posted by oboeplayer1 View Post
    Just earlier today I was scrolling about through the Birth Announcements forum and I noticed there were 3 (yes, THREE) posts about the arrival of triplets all on the first page! I'm quite suspicious as triplets are not very common at all. I looked at all of the three posts and there were no facts like birth weight or anything that could be used to prove the users were trolls (if they were) and it was just their names they announced. I hope they were not trolls infesting this beautiful site... but I am pretty sure that's what happened.

How do the other Berries feel about abundant multiples on the birth announcements page?
    I noticed the same thing. I feel very suspicious...
    Sincerely, Jennifer

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Momma to one little princess, Finley Makiya (7.27.13)

"Titi" (aunt) to Emily-Marie Gloria and Nicholas Alexander