Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Names that you like but could never use

There are some names out there that I actually think are really beautiful, but they have a bad association with the name, or it doesn't have a very appealing meaning! So I thought I would ask you guys, if you have any names that you like/really like but could never use.

Some of mine are:
    Rubella - I know it's a type of measles, but I think this is really cute.. especially with the nickname Ruby
    Calorie - It's like a mix of Calliope/Callie and Mallory; I think it's a nice name!
    Annelida- (Phylum for segmented worms).. yet it sounds surprisingly elegant and sophisticated!
    Siri - Cute name, but the association with Apple turns me away from it. I really like it though!
    Allegra - Such a pretty name... to unfortunate that it's the name of a medicine for allergies!
    Best regards; Julia

Persephone Kate ; Charlotte Delphine ; Evangeline Karys ; Clara Juliet ; Vera Madeleine

Joseph Scott ; Christopher Callan ; Maxwell Finn ; Noel Carter ; James Nicholas

thank you

Lucy - it's my niece's name
    Gabriella - when my sister was pregnant the nickname 'Gobby Gabby' was thrown around a lot, put me off for life
    Isolde - name of a friend's daughter, and unique enough that others would only know it from her
    Xanthe - as above
    Margot - Matilda - Nancy - Vivian - Beatrix - Agnes - Unity - Rosamund - Harriet
    Arthur - William - Theodore - Hallam - Winston - Marcel - Ignatius

Aileen - adore it but worry it sounds too dated to get a good reaction from most people
    Beatrix - sounds too close to last name
    Catherine - mixed associations
    Charlotte - quite like it but have issues with the word "harlot" inside it (I definitely understand why most people don't care about it - all me)
    Elizabeth - mixed associations
    Eulalia - too out there for me. Love it on someone else though.
    Evening - beautiful, and I love Eve, but too out there for my own style.
    Florence - mixed associations
    Jane - really love it but will quite likely name any potential son James and they are too close for me
    Leocadia - too out there for me
    Lucy - love it but sounds like loosey (as with Charlotte, this is my problem, I encourage others to use it)
    Margaret - love it but there are so many people in my family already named it
    Mona - negative associations
    Phoebe - I love it but my husband doesn't care for it

Hmm, I know there are more but this is a decent start.

Flynn- too many people I know have used it.
    Tilly- Met a naughty one and ruined it for me.
    Killian- family name, would consider for a MN but negative associations
    Finley- I live too close to a town of that name.
    Abilene- love it but have a niece named Abbey, too similar
    Skye- a cousin named their child this.