Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hercules

ninanoo: I suppose I could imagine a slim poetic Thor. There's a romance in Thor that would suit a wider range of body and personality types, though in my heart I can't imagine anything but a blond god with rippling muscles...

saracita: Sorry, yes, that's why I let my first sentence explain I wasn't considering it. I wish I could, but it just wouldn't work. Overweight, yes, that's an issue I hadn't considered, but for sure something to think about. An obese Hercules might just be worse off than a small Hercules.

Sherlock is awesome. Moriarty is another I've always secretly dreamed of that I'd never use. Damn those larger than life namesakes.
    Gωeηdσℓeη __ __ ● Lσreℓei Siℓver Oη∂iηe ● Octαviα ωiℓ∂rσse __ ● Suηηivα __ __ ● Ƭαbitɦα єiℓσηωƴ Sησω
    ●●● ●●● ●●●
    Cαsρiαη Wiℓder __ ● Dαmiαη Sραrrσω __ ● єvαηder __ __ ● Koηrαd Bℓαise __ ● Mαℓαchi Ƭristαη Bjσrη

click for my name lists
    our kitties: Sebastian & Oleander | writing books & TTC #1

When I hear Herc, I always think of a military transport helicopter, but that's probably not everyone's reaction...

Hercules seems a bit out there, but then I worked with a French guy named Hercule, the French version of Hercules. Granted, he was in the army so he was obviously not a pushover, but he was also intelligent, well-mannered and intellectual. So Hercules *could* work as a name, if someone was brave enough.

I love Sasha and Aleksis for men. It's the russophile in me. :-)
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Veronica ~ Sarah ~ Esther
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Top combos: Miriam Estelle / Paul Augustin

(Still) trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

I like it but prefer the Greek Herakles -- her-ak-lees.

OMG Sherlock! I adore this name so much! There aren't a lot of names I honestly think are too much for a kid if you find the right nickname, but Sherlock is just...that's it. He's the only one. Hercules/Herakles is the same. I just can't see it on anyone. Other names I like that are like that, Aristotle, Archimedes (Even though I'm using it as my male middle name and suggested it to Ottilie)...
    http://www.amazon.com/Angel-Blackwood/e/B00SARZLFY -- My Amazon Author Page

Represented by:

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th, 2013
    Amelia Lorien Sophia -- December 2015.

maggie: I love Sasha and Aleksis for men as well. And Misha! Though that's due in part to my ridiculous crush on Misha Collins.

dantea: Herakles is great, though the most natural feeling nickname to me is Hera, which wouldn't work. Archimedes is one of those delicious names I love saying. Some names just sound (and taste) good on the tongue, and for me, Archimedes is one of those. The kind of name you say while standing over a cliff, so you can hear it echo. Definitely one to keep in the middle, but I wouldn't let it hide in the middle if it were my name!
    Gωeηdσℓeη __ __ ● Lσreℓei Siℓver Oη∂iηe ● Octαviα ωiℓ∂rσse __ ● Suηηivα __ __ ● Ƭαbitɦα єiℓσηωƴ Sησω
    ●●● ●●● ●●●
    Cαsρiαη Wiℓder __ ● Dαmiαη Sραrrσω __ ● єvαηder __ __ ● Koηrαd Bℓαise __ ● Mαℓαchi Ƭristαη Bjσrη

click for my name lists
    our kitties: Sebastian & Oleander | writing books & TTC #1

Redwoodfrey: Misha is also awesome. I knew a very masculine Mischa growing up, so it's always seemed like a male name to me. Our top boy's name is Paul and if we have a little Paul, I plan on calling him Pasha.
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Veronica ~ Sarah ~ Esther
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Top combos: Miriam Estelle / Paul Augustin

(Still) trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova