Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hercules

ninanoo: I suppose I could imagine a slim poetic Thor. There's a romance in Thor that would suit a wider range of body and personality types, though in my heart I can't imagine anything but a blond god with rippling muscles...

saracita: Sorry, yes, that's why I let my first sentence explain I wasn't considering it. I wish I could, but it just wouldn't work. Overweight, yes, that's an issue I hadn't considered, but for sure something to think about. An obese Hercules might just be worse off than a small Hercules.

Sherlock is awesome. Moriarty is another I've always secretly dreamed of that I'd never use. Damn those larger than life namesakes.
    Considering...
    Cordelia Eilonwy Snow ● Evadne Undomiel Snow ● Isabeau Sophronia Blanche ● Lorelei Nimue Ondine
    Pandora Vivienne Swan ● Thisbe Octavia Wildrose ● Thora Ilythia Swan

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian Ithuriel Wilder ● Damian Rainer Sparrow ● Evander Ithuriel Sol
    Gwydion Alaric Hart ● Malachi Tristan Bjorn ● Phineas Robin Blaise ● Theodore Peregrine Llyr

our furbabies: Sebastian & Oleander

When I hear Herc, I always think of a military transport helicopter, but that's probably not everyone's reaction...

Hercules seems a bit out there, but then I worked with a French guy named Hercule, the French version of Hercules. Granted, he was in the army so he was obviously not a pushover, but he was also intelligent, well-mannered and intellectual. So Hercules *could* work as a name, if someone was brave enough.

I love Sasha and Aleksis for men. It's the russophile in me. :-)
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

I like it but prefer the Greek Herakles -- her-ak-lees.

OMG Sherlock! I adore this name so much! There aren't a lot of names I honestly think are too much for a kid if you find the right nickname, but Sherlock is just...that's it. He's the only one. Hercules/Herakles is the same. I just can't see it on anyone. Other names I like that are like that, Aristotle, Archimedes (Even though I'm using it as my male middle name and suggested it to Ottilie)...
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

maggie: I love Sasha and Aleksis for men as well. And Misha! Though that's due in part to my ridiculous crush on Misha Collins.

dantea: Herakles is great, though the most natural feeling nickname to me is Hera, which wouldn't work. Archimedes is one of those delicious names I love saying. Some names just sound (and taste) good on the tongue, and for me, Archimedes is one of those. The kind of name you say while standing over a cliff, so you can hear it echo. Definitely one to keep in the middle, but I wouldn't let it hide in the middle if it were my name!
    Considering...
    Cordelia Eilonwy Snow ● Evadne Undomiel Snow ● Isabeau Sophronia Blanche ● Lorelei Nimue Ondine
    Pandora Vivienne Swan ● Thisbe Octavia Wildrose ● Thora Ilythia Swan

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian Ithuriel Wilder ● Damian Rainer Sparrow ● Evander Ithuriel Sol
    Gwydion Alaric Hart ● Malachi Tristan Bjorn ● Phineas Robin Blaise ● Theodore Peregrine Llyr

our furbabies: Sebastian & Oleander

Redwoodfrey: Misha is also awesome. I knew a very masculine Mischa growing up, so it's always seemed like a male name to me. Our top boy's name is Paul and if we have a little Paul, I plan on calling him Pasha.
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova