Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ezra?

Ezra?

Not pregnant, just liking the name a lot recently.

1. Is it still seen as Biblical or has it crossed more into the mainstream?

2. Do you think it goes with the other names in my favourites list (top 6 of each gender below)?

3. What other names have a similar feel to Ezra?

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

I still think of it as biblical, but I definitely think it is crossing into the mainstream. I have a friend with boys named Ephraim, Ezra, and Escher. For the names on your list below, I love the following:

Ezra and Samuel
    Ezra and Lydia
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (10), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). TTC #5

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996

I love it too, but not sure if I would use it due to the biblical association. I think it has crossed somewhat into the mainstream but I have a feeling it still has a strong religious connotation for a lot of people. As long as sibs don't also have Biblical names though, I think it is fine to use it.

I still see it as a Biblical name, but I think very soon it will cross the line into mainstream. I think it easily goes with all of your top 6 boys, and Anna and Lydia from your top 6 girls.

1. I think that even though it still has Biblical connotations, it's become more mainstream. An increased number of people seem to be using it, and judging by threads on here, it seems like Ezra is a name that at least gets talked about and maybe considered. This name may be getting more notice due to tv shows, like the character Ezra Fitz on Pretty Little Liars.

2. Yes! Ezra has an old-time, classic feel to it that I feel fits with all your favorites. Plus Samuel, Thomas, Reuben, Anna, Phoebe, and Lydia are all also Biblical names as well, like Ezra.

3. hmm...maybe names like Josiah, Elisha, Peter, Abram, Abel, Asa, Eleazar, Enoch, Ephriam, Ezekiel, Gideon, Issachar, Jonah, Jude, Malachi, Samson, Silas, Tobias, and Titus.
    Currently liking:

Girls: Lydia Jeanette, Leah Christine, Aria Quinn, Anna Ruby

Boys: Asa Vincent, Peter Eliot, Anthony Nicholas, Paul Gregory, Luke Mackenize

Thinking about:
    Viva Lux, Luca Daniel, Lorenzo "Enzo", Adah Marie