Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Thought of some twists on classics for your sibset

Anders and Milo
    Milo and Davis
    Milo and Robin
    Milo and Ned

Milo and Thea
    Milo and Lottie

The only two M names on my list are Murphy and McCart. Huh. I guess I needed this thread too. Both of my M names are family names.

I met a little guy named Malachi at the park recently. It really is a cool name, and it's even better when you meet someone who wears it well. Mordecai, Morgan, Merrick, and Marco are a few more I like. I went and looked at my lists of boys' names with <200 and <100 uses in 2012. (These aren't all of the M names, just the ones I liked the best.)

<200:
    Mac
    Magnus
    Marion
    Marley
    Massimo
    McCoy
    Merrick
    Miller

<100:
    Macsen
    Madoc
    Manoah
    Marcellus
    Marius
    Mercer
    Merritt
    Micaiah
    Monroe
    Mordecai
    Morrison
    Murphy
    Murray
    Samuel / Joseph / Ezra / James / Edward / George
    Helen / Georgia / Jane / Alice / Frances / Mary

Quote Originally Posted by octaviaq View Post
    My husband's family has a tradition of giving boys M names. No M names seem to strike our fancy, but we love traditions, so we want to keep mulling it over.

The following names are off the table and cannot be used:

Martin
    Michael
    Max (all forms)
    Mark
    Matthew
    Miles

So of all the remaining boy M names in the world, which would you choose and WHY? The why is really important to us to give us fresh perspective. It can be something simple like "I knew a nice guy once with the name" or a stereotype of how you imagine a man with that name. I've read through M list after M list, but I'd love some insightful Berry comments to bring names to life

Thank you so much for your help!
    Hmm...
    Murray - I've got Scottish heritage and for me this name Murray just highlights this. I honesty think Murray sounds so wholesome and has this adorable Scottish sound. I love how wholesome Murray is. I think Murray is brilliant.

Memphis - Feels really rock n roll I'm unsure as to whether I like Memphis but still I might as well suggest it.

Milo - I know an adorable little boy named Milo, he has a younger sister named Matilda and he's such a sweetie his father is mixed race (half black and half white) thus Milo has gorgeous dark features he's such a handsome little boy. Milo is a lovely name.

Morgan - has a lovely sound with lovely beach/sea associations.

Miller - surname names are really popular and I think Miller works as an unusual twist on the trend.

Moses - my mother is Jewish and Moses, obviously in Judaism, is a very important figure. I love the name Moses he sounds very lush, and soft I also love the religious connotations of Moses.

Malachi - Family name I like it : )

Merlin - I know twins named Jasper & Merlin their sixteen and I think their names are really cool.

Marshall - I like the timely American vibe of Marshall. The name is really handsome.

Op - our styles are very similar! I have an Ezra and Milo is our pick for a future brother. Classic with a twist is perfect . Really I don't think you're limiting yourself by using Milo.

Milo & Arthur
    Milo & Elliot
    Milo & Jasper
    Milo & Beckett
    Milo & Bennett
    Milo & Edison

Mac(k), Marcus, Marco...