Names Searched Right Now:

A Brother for Alaura Kay

Hello everybody!

I am new to Nameberry, but I think I could use your help. I have a three year old daughter, Alaura Kay, and we found out baby number two is a boy. I have a very hard time with boy names.

I like traditional names such as: Daniel, Samuel and James. I also wouldn't mind going a little bolder with a name like Desmond, or something similar. My husband, on the other hand, prefers names such as Tyler, Bradley and Trevor. Very 80s-90s names in my opinion.

I feel like I just need to look at a whole variety of names and get a feel for different styles, and break out of this box. Can you help me?
    Last edited by mumsthename; August 13th, 2013 at 01:51 PM.

I would probably choose something at least a little out of the box, to fit with sister Alaura, which is unfamiliar to me. Samuel actually sounds like a good fit.
    Ray (or perhaps Raymond) popped into my mind - similar style of Desmond, but with that relaxed Y sound your husband likes.

Norman, Benjamin, Mitchell, Laurence, Dean, Jonathan, Vincent, Thomas, Matthew, Owen, Emmett, Miles or Milo, Wendell, Simon, Joseph and Harrison all seem like good in-between options for you to browse.
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid