Names Searched Right Now:

A Brother for Alaura Kay

Hello everybody!

I am new to Nameberry, but I think I could use your help. I have a three year old daughter, Alaura Kay, and we found out baby number two is a boy. I have a very hard time with boy names.

I like traditional names such as: Daniel, Samuel and James. I also wouldn't mind going a little bolder with a name like Desmond, or something similar. My husband, on the other hand, prefers names such as Tyler, Bradley and Trevor. Very 80s-90s names in my opinion.

I feel like I just need to look at a whole variety of names and get a feel for different styles, and break out of this box. Can you help me?
    Last edited by mumsthename; August 13th, 2013 at 02:51 PM.

I would probably choose something at least a little out of the box, to fit with sister Alaura, which is unfamiliar to me. Samuel actually sounds like a good fit.
    Ray (or perhaps Raymond) popped into my mind - similar style of Desmond, but with that relaxed Y sound your husband likes.

Norman, Benjamin, Mitchell, Laurence, Dean, Jonathan, Vincent, Thomas, Matthew, Owen, Emmett, Miles or Milo, Wendell, Simon, Joseph and Harrison all seem like good in-between options for you to browse.
    Amedeo Ariel Dmitri Enjolras
    Artemis Cicely Elisabeth Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Rosalie Titania