Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

A sister for Gracie?

Expecting #2 in February. If its a boy he will be John Thatcher. If its a girl... she will be nameless. Just kidding. But my husband and I cannot agree on a thing. So far we have Whitney, Molly, Allison and Lucy, but aren't necessarily in "LOVE" with any of them. Any suggestions to go with Gracie? And she is just Gracie by the way, not Grace, should that make a difference. THX!

can i ask why didnt you name her Grace and call her Gracie? in situations like this i think:

will a grown woman want to be called 'Gracie' her whole life?

anyway i like continuing your Biblical theme:
    Gracie & Mercy
    Gracie & Ruth
    Gracie & Naomi
    Gracie & Eve
    Gracie & Deborah
    Gracie & Mary
    Gracie & Martha
    Gracie & Zipporah
    Gracie & Verity
    Gracie & Prudence
    Gracie & Temperance
    Gracie & Solace

Grace / Gracie really goes with anything with the same 'feel'. Gracie and Rocket dont go lol.

Out of the options you gave I like Lucy and Molly. I love Whitney, but it doesn't have the same feel. Allison is nms. The one thing I don't like about Lucy and Molly is the -ie/y endings they share with Gracie. I feel like if you have a Gracie and a Molly, you'd feel pressured into using a name that fits the theme for the third child. Don't get me wrong, I love nicknamey-names, but in this case I'd avoid them. Lucy has so many longer versions that could work with it so here's a few that I think go with Gracie:

Lucia
    Luciella
    Luella/Luetta
    Lucilla/Lucille
    Luciana
    Lucienne
    Etc.
    Previous account: elrock13

Gracie and Lucy are cute, if you don't mind the rhyming. I'm not a fan of Allison and Whitney; both are very dated.

Other suggestions:
    Emmy/Emme
    Addy/Addie (maybe as a nickname for Adeline)
    Bonnie
    Lillie, Lily
    Elsa nn Elsie
    Charlotte nn Charlie
    Matilda nn Mattie
    Laurel/Laurie
    Margaret nn Margie
    Elizabeth nn Bethie, Lizzie, Ellie
    May/Mae
    Eleanor nn Ellie
    Lena
    Mamie
    Marcie
    Effie
    Millie/Milly
    Jessie (maybe short for Jessamine)
    Maisie
    Tessa
    Josephine nn Josie
    Sophie
    Winnie
    Clary
    Evie (short for Evangeline?)
    Rose, Rosie
    Cecily
    Ellie
    Anna, Annie
    Stella
    Olivia nn Livi
    Emilie nn Emme, Millie
    Amy/Aimee (short for Amelia?)
    Mabel/Maybelle nn May, Belle, Bella
    Hannah nn Annie
    Eliza nn Lizzie
    Caroline nn Carrie

Quote Originally Posted by orphanedhanyou View Post
    can i ask why didnt you name her Grace and call her Gracie? in situations like this i think:

will a grown woman want to be called 'Gracie' her whole life?

anyway i like continuing your Biblical theme:
    Gracie & Mercy
    Gracie & Ruth
    Gracie & Naomi
    Gracie & Eve
    Gracie & Deborah
    Gracie & Mary
    Gracie & Martha
    Gracie & Zipporah
    Gracie & Verity
    Gracie & Prudence
    Gracie & Temperance
    Gracie & Solace

Grace / Gracie really goes with anything with the same 'feel'. Gracie and Rocket dont go lol.
    yes, I get that and have heard it before but we decided the name we really liked was Gracie, so why name her " Grace"? why can't she still grow up and asked to be called" Grace" if that's what she wants? we figure if a Grace can go by Gracie, then can't a Gracie go by Grace? when it came to naming her when she was born wanted to give her a name that was special to us and one that we truly loved, and that name, as it had been for years, was Gracie, not Grace. (nothing against all the graces out there). and sometimes people do call her Grace, and that's fine, because it is a form of her name. I don't feel any pressure to correct people every time, it's not necessary, but most of the time they get it right, and it fits her perfectly. now when she gets older into school age,I probably will be sure they understand that her given name is Gracie, but I am not too concerned about it. nor am I with the whole argument " she wont be taken seriously", anyone who judges her solely based on her name, especially when its not THAT unusual, isn't worth her time. so that's the story behind that, should it clarify things for you. we're just not conventional people. true to ourselves not the ' norms'. simply, we loved Gracie so our daughter is Gracie and that's the only reason we needed. when she's older she can be whatever she wants. but I welcome your question, it's too be expected. and thank you for all your sibling suggestions, though I hadn't realized a biblical theme. now Rocket, that has a nice ring to it. JK
    Thx
    Last edited by kitkat26; August 2nd, 2013 at 03:02 AM.