Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 5 of 27

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    221

    A sister for Gracie?

    Expecting #2 in February. If its a boy he will be John Thatcher. If its a girl... she will be nameless. Just kidding. But my husband and I cannot agree on a thing. So far we have Whitney, Molly, Allison and Lucy, but aren't necessarily in "LOVE" with any of them. Any suggestions to go with Gracie? And she is just Gracie by the way, not Grace, should that make a difference. THX!

  2. #3
    can i ask why didnt you name her Grace and call her Gracie? in situations like this i think:

    will a grown woman want to be called 'Gracie' her whole life?


    anyway i like continuing your Biblical theme:
    Gracie & Mercy
    Gracie & Ruth
    Gracie & Naomi
    Gracie & Eve
    Gracie & Deborah
    Gracie & Mary
    Gracie & Martha
    Gracie & Zipporah
    Gracie & Verity
    Gracie & Prudence
    Gracie & Temperance
    Gracie & Solace

    Grace / Gracie really goes with anything with the same 'feel'. Gracie and Rocket dont go lol.

  3. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by orphanedhanyou View Post
    can i ask why didnt you name her Grace and call her Gracie? in situations like this i think:

    will a grown woman want to be called 'Gracie' her whole life?


    anyway i like continuing your Biblical theme:
    Gracie & Mercy
    Gracie & Ruth
    Gracie & Naomi
    Gracie & Eve
    Gracie & Deborah
    Gracie & Mary
    Gracie & Martha
    Gracie & Zipporah
    Gracie & Verity
    Gracie & Prudence
    Gracie & Temperance
    Gracie & Solace

    Grace / Gracie really goes with anything with the same 'feel'. Gracie and Rocket dont go lol.
    yes, I get that and have heard it before but we decided the name we really liked was Gracie, so why name her " Grace"? why can't she still grow up and asked to be called" Grace" if that's what she wants? we figure if a Grace can go by Gracie, then can't a Gracie go by Grace? when it came to naming her when she was born wanted to give her a name that was special to us and one that we truly loved, and that name, as it had been for years, was Gracie, not Grace. (nothing against all the graces out there). and sometimes people do call her Grace, and that's fine, because it is a form of her name. I don't feel any pressure to correct people every time, it's not necessary, but most of the time they get it right, and it fits her perfectly. now when she gets older into school age,I probably will be sure they understand that her given name is Gracie, but I am not too concerned about it. nor am I with the whole argument " she wont be taken seriously", anyone who judges her solely based on her name, especially when its not THAT unusual, isn't worth her time. so that's the story behind that, should it clarify things for you. we're just not conventional people. true to ourselves not the ' norms'. simply, we loved Gracie so our daughter is Gracie and that's the only reason we needed. when she's older she can be whatever she wants. but I welcome your question, it's too be expected. and thank you for all your sibling suggestions, though I hadn't realized a biblical theme. now Rocket, that has a nice ring to it. JK
    Thx
    Last edited by kitkat26; August 2nd, 2013 at 02:02 AM.

  4. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,340
    Quote Originally Posted by kitkat26 View Post
    yes, I get that and have heard it before but we decided the name we really liked was Gracie, so why name her " Grace"? why can't she still grow up and asked to be called" Grace" if that's what she wants? we figure if a Grace can go by Gracie, then can't a Gracie go by Grace? when it came to naming her when she was born wanted to give her a name that was special to us and one that we truly loved, and that name, as it had been for years, was Gracie, not Grace. (nothing against all the graces out there). and sometimes people do call her Grace, and that's fine, because it is a form of her name. I don't feel any pressure to correct people every time, it's not necessary, but most of the time they get it right, and it fits her perfectly. now when she gets older into school age,I probably will be sure they understand that her given name is Gracie, but I am not too concerned about it. nor am I with the whole argument " she wont be taken seriously", anyone who judges her solely based on her name, especially when its not THAT unusual, isn't worth her time. so that's the story behind that, should it clarify things for you. we're just not conventional people. true to ourselves not the ' norms'. simply, we loved Gracie so our daughter is Gracie and that's the only reason we needed. when she's older she can be whatever she wants. but I welcome your question, it's too be expected. and thank you for all your sibling suggestions, though I hadn't realized a biblical theme. now Rocket, that has a nice ring to it. JK
    Thx
    I just wanted to applaud you for giving such a rational response to a pretty rude remark. Normally people on here don't criticize names that have already been given to a child but you handled yourself with grace (pun intended).

    I think Molly is a nice choice and I really like Lucy but I agree that finding a name with a different ending sound would be nice. Have you considered Kate, Tess/Tessa, or Claire.
    [B]Mom to Paul, Clare, Mark, Katharine, James, and Andrew[B]
    Current favs: Mary & Thomas
    Hubby's favs: Lucy and Peter

  5. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by lo View Post
    I just wanted to applaud you for giving such a rational response to a pretty rude remark. Normally people on here don't criticize names that have already been given to a child but you handled yourself with grace (pun intended).

    I think Molly is a nice choice and I really like Lucy but I agree that finding a name with a different ending sound would be nice. Have you considered Kate, Tess/Tessa, or Claire.
    thank you, I really appreciate that. in hindsight I had wondered if I should have even given such a long explanation. and while I don't think it was needed, I dont mind now so much that I did. so thank you for taking time to say that. I'm always s little surprised when I get that question as it doesn't seem that complicated, a Gracie going by Grace (same way a beth might change to Elizabeth) but I HAVE gotten a time or two before so I try not totake offense, rather if I can help them see a little ' outside the box' for my Gracie and all the others out there like her then it's worth it. But it does always surprise me a little. also, thank you for your suggestions, agree they all go nicely and are under consideration, if only some hadn't already been taken by family or friends! Maybe that's the real challenge here!
    Last edited by kitkat26; August 2nd, 2013 at 11:59 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •