Names Searched Right Now:
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Ettasyn

I love Etta, what a smashing option. Edie for Edith would be great too.
    Edison on a girl seems no worse than Emerson or Ellery or any of the other surname names, but Ettasyn was hard for me to figure out when looking at it--I wanted to say eh-TASS-in or e-TAY-sin.

I personally would not want a name that was tied to a couple short-lived trends, so I wouldn't name my 2013 child Ettasyn any more than I'd name my 1999 child Kaileigh. But something with some history and a good story and good namesakes--I'd name my child Etta or Katherine. And if Thomas Edison were a specific namesake I wanted, then I could see using Edison in the middle. Tamsin would be another way to honor him, as it's a variant of Thomasina.

(Though for what it's worth, I'm a Tesla girl myself.)

Jeez. The elitist attitude some berries have astonish me. No wonder I haven't been on in ages. Calm your tits, ladies, it's probably just a troll.

Current loves:
    thomasina louise, percival hugh

. ∙ ˙ . ∙ ˙  ✶  . ∙ ˙ . ∙ ˙

♥  ❝Words have meaning and names have power.❞

Thank you for the feedback. Especially those that offered constructive criticism. This is my first time using Nameberry and I was not prepared for some of the harsh responses I received. I obviously questioned whether Ettasyn was odd or I would not have asked for opinions. I guess that's just the nature of the beast and I'll be more prepared if I post again in the future.

Many of you will be happy to hear that my husband and I are just going to stick with Etta.

I apologize for crying "troll!" in this case, but this forum does attract them for some reason. I'm sure most berries would be glad to know that. I hope you end up happy with whatever name you decide to go with! C:

Current loves:
    thomasina louise, percival hugh

. ∙ ˙ . ∙ ˙  ✶  . ∙ ˙ . ∙ ˙

♥  ❝Words have meaning and names have power.❞

I think the funniest thing about these threads is that as soon as you bring up social class, people cry "troll"! I never said that naming your daughter Ettasyn would "ruin her life". However, made up names are a sign of a lower social class. Should you reach to the higher levels of society, and your name is D'Markyss, do you think no one will comment? And sorry Thomas, I've heard people make fun of girls with masculine names or made up names to their face at career events. Now, can you get a job? Sure, if you're qualified... but they may come with some assumptions before they meet you. I find it quite sexist, actually, that people will often advise parents to choose a name good for the workplace and social mobility for their son (not Charlou or D'Markyss), but not for girls. And I can't really be called elitist... I'm not upper class, but having lived in that world, I'm so glad my parents didn't give me a made up name (even though my mom has one). I don't create society, but denying social classes and such is to live in a state of denial.
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina