Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Does Tennyson sound girly to you?

Ive received responses that Tennyson is better suited for a female.

I was considering it for a future son.
    My Little Duckies:Bryar Jordan & Scarlett Brielle
    Expecting Vivienne "Vivi" Monroe May 2014!

I don't think it's girly at all. I think it's a handsome name. Went to high school with a Tennyson (male).
    I suppose someone could name a daughter Tennyson but that doesn't make it a female name to me.

I don't think anything with "son" can be girly. (even Madison and Addison and the like) And I like leaving surname names to the boys.
    Proud author of Kissimmee, Orlando, Mary, Adam, Mississippi, Micah, Georgette, Evelyn, Diane, Millicent, Maybeline, Prudence, Margo, Jade, Matthew, Susan, and so many many more

I guess I can see how it could sound "girly," since people are naming their kids Emerson and Addison and Anniston, etc.... But, I personally have only ever considered it a boys' name. I think that anything that ends in -son will always be fair game for boys!!!!!

pet peeves: nicknames as given names; unconventional spellings; masculine names on girls
    not-so-guilty pleasures: five-syllable girls' names; virtue and nature names; over-the-top antique names for boys
    (if i repeat name suggestions in a thread, it's because i like them! no apologies here for repeats of great names! )

IF YOU LOVE IT, USE IT!

What jame1881 said!

pet peeves: nicknames as given names; unconventional spellings; masculine names on girls
    not-so-guilty pleasures: five-syllable girls' names; virtue and nature names; over-the-top antique names for boys
    (if i repeat name suggestions in a thread, it's because i like them! no apologies here for repeats of great names! )

IF YOU LOVE IT, USE IT!