Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Does Tennyson sound girly to you?

Ive received responses that Tennyson is better suited for a female.

I was considering it for a future son.
    My Little Duckies:Bryar Jordan & Scarlett Brielle
    Expecting Vivienne "Vivi" Monroe May 2014!

I don't think it's girly at all. I think it's a handsome name. Went to high school with a Tennyson (male).
    I suppose someone could name a daughter Tennyson but that doesn't make it a female name to me.

I don't think anything with "son" can be girly. (even Madison and Addison and the like) And I like leaving surname names to the boys.
    Proud author of Kissimmee, Orlando, Mary, Adam, Mississippi, Micah, Georgette, Evelyn, Diane, Millicent, Maybeline, Prudence and so many many more

I guess I can see how it could sound "girly," since people are naming their kids Emerson and Addison and Anniston, etc.... But, I personally have only ever considered it a boys' name. I think that anything that ends in -son will always be fair game for boys!!!!!

pet peeves: nicknames as given names; unconventional spellings; masculine names on girls
    not-so-guilty pleasures: five-syllable girls' names; virtue and nature names; over-the-top antique names for boys
    (if i repeat name suggestions in a thread, it's because i like them! no apologies here for repeats of great names! )

IF YOU LOVE IT, USE IT!

What jame1881 said!

pet peeves: nicknames as given names; unconventional spellings; masculine names on girls
    not-so-guilty pleasures: five-syllable girls' names; virtue and nature names; over-the-top antique names for boys
    (if i repeat name suggestions in a thread, it's because i like them! no apologies here for repeats of great names! )

IF YOU LOVE IT, USE IT!