Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    I love Arwen too. I definitely dont feel like its too lord of the rings. When i hear the name, the first thing I think of is how beautiful and classy it sounds, not the lord of the rings connection. I think Winnie is adorable, though I prefer the name Gwyneth as a first name. I love the suggestion of Winter. Its so fresh and spunky. I also adore the nn Minnie. Not sure if you'd like it or not, just an idea.
    Good luck, I hope you find the perfect name.
    Welcome to nameberry!
    |Penelope Winter Rose | Alexander Gideon Delayne | Luna Aurora Belle | William Owen Emrys | Liliana Tallulah Grace | Micah Isaac James | Dahlia Winter Carys | Elijah Samuel Leon | Coraline Lavinia Jane | Jasper Everett Greer | Gianna Francesca Maryse | August River Jordan | Magnolia Gwyneira Hesper | Silas John Paul | Anastasia Beatrix Pearl | Leland Samuel Delayne | Artemis Elektra Victoria | Lachlan Isaiah Rhys | Arcadia Callista Maeve|

Well, LOTR is the first thing I'd think of with Arwen, but that will fade with the newer generations. It'll always be there a little bit though since it's such a unique name.

Have you considered Anwen? Less LOTR and also the possibility of Annie.

What about Rowen instead of Rowena?
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

Thanks, rhiatayler. Been lurking a while and decided it was time to jump in. Minnie is a great Aunt's name but does have all the same stuff going on as Winnie.
    I'm glad you feel that way about Arwen! I would love to be able to use it and my husband is convinced the LoTR associations are forgotten. Still not sure though...

We really like the name Rowen but it seems too boyish. I want to like Anwen. It's such a simple replacement for Arwen. But it just seems to lack some of the mystery and sparkle of Arwen.

I think Rowan is a more feminine spelling than Rowen, if you like it better spelled with the A. I also think Wynn is beautiful on its own. You could also consider Gwen, Gwyneth, Guenevere or Gwendolyn. Or Wendy, or Winslow? You could even get away with Quinn.
    Last edited by morgancarson; August 1st, 2013 at 05:11 PM.